Chances of Radiesse Migration from Cheeks?

I am considering Radiesse to increase lost volume in the cheek area. What is chance of this substance drifting to another area of the face? Is there another product better? Some of the doctors here or no longer using Radiesse.

Migration of Radiesse

+2

I think there is little chance of the substance migrating. There are different resons for migration. Radiesse is viscous and has little chance of migrating. It should be injected deep, not superficially as some of the other injectable products. Products can react with the skins surface and injecting deeper will decrease the chance of reaction on the skins surface. Radiesse is not permanent and this is good. I have seen patients in my office that have had silicone injected into the cheek.

As these patients have aged, their cheek pads with the silicone have dropped. The cheek fullness is now lower then it should be giving a distorted look. Although one can say it migrated, it is really more aging and the drop of tissue that caused the silicone to move. Radiesse is not permanent and therefore we do not have to worry about these issues.

Long Island City Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for the Cheeks, Does it Migrate to Other Areas? What are Alternatives?

+1

Hi Lilly,

What do you think we are using here, Silicone?

Kidding aside, Radiesse will not migrate to other areas after it is injected. Other products that are used in this area are Juvederm Ultra Plus, Restylane, and Sculptra.

More important than the product is whom you choose to perform your injections. Choose your injecting physician carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD