Pulsed Dye Laser for Hypopigmentation After Electrolysis?

I am considering Pulsed Dye Laser on my upper lip due to hypopigmentation from electrolysis, which left it looking like a permanent white moustache. Would this procedure help my upper lip area look normal with the rest of my skin?

Treating hypopigmented scars with laser

+1

The pulse dye laser does not have a role in treating hypopigmentation in an area.  There are other options for hypopigmented scars that would suit your needs. 

Pulsed Dye Laser for Hypopigmentation

+1

The Pulsed Dye Laser, in general, is not the laser of choice for hypopigmentation. There are a variety of lasers that can, but do not always, improve hypopigmentation. This includes Q-switched lasers, excimer lasers and Fraxel lasers. The Pulsed Dye Laser is designed to lessen skin redness caused by excess blood vessels. It is not the idea laser for hypopigmentation.

David Goldberg, MD