More Broken Capilliaries After Pulsed Dye Laser?

I am considering Pulsed Dye Laser. I have small broken capillaries and old acne red spots, if I decide to do the hardest setting that causes bruising, won't the pressure leave behind even more broken capillaries?

Pulsed dye laser and capillary lesions

+2

There really is no "pressure" created by the pulsed dye laser. The laser targets the vessels and causes them to rupture. When used for congenital capillary malformations it can be very effective in producing a long term solution. However, when used to treat conditions that have different underlying abnormalities (such as spider veins over deep varicose veins), there may be a tendency for recurrence.