Puffy Eyes Treatment for a 26 Year Old?

According to my plastic surgeon, I am too young to do a blepharoplasty surgery. I am 26 and does not want to leave a scar. What I have noticed about my puffy eyes is that it's close to my nasal area.

I see redness and it's more puffy, but the outer corner on the eyes is not. He suggested that I do Thermage. But I read online that Thermage is not effective and you have to wait six months. If it doesn't work, what else? This cosmetic surgeon is well respected in my state. Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Puffy lower eyelids in a young person

+1

It is difficult to give an opinion without examining you as the photo is not very clear.  Thermage is not a good solution for lower lid fullness.  Sometimes fillers can be used in the tear trough region to camouflage puffy lids.  Without more information I cannot make a definitive recommendation.

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment of puffy lids

+1

"Puffy eyes" can be due to congenital fat in which case a transconjunctival blepharoplasty would be an effective solution. Before opting for surgery one would want to eliminate other causes of lower lid congestion, including allergy and sinusitis. A facial plastic surgeon/otolaryngologist can help you determinine this fact.

Thermage can be effective in over 2/3 of the patients. Should it fail, nothing is lost except some time and expenses. Explore these options prior to jumping into lower lid surgery.

Lee Kleiman, MD
Annapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Puffy eyes may be caused by allergy or sinus

+1

For the deeper acne scars, fillers will not do the job alone. Subcision by special needles is done to release the tethering scar tissue underneath the scar. The other option is to excise the scar & either close the resulting defect with suturing; or refill the defect with a graft of healthy skin, usually obtained from behind the ear.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon