ProFractional Lasers Effective for Melasma?

How successful are ProFractional lasers (Sciton) for melasma or brown spots? I have brown spots above lips, below and on the sides of eyes. I developed them during or after two pregnancies. Would the treatment with this type of laser be effective?

Profractional laser for melasma

+1

Melasma is a tendency to brown pigmentation of the skin, especially in women ( & particularly those who are pregnant or are on birth control) and those with naturally darker pigmentation. While ProFractional laser works well for melasma, the concern is that the melasma can recur if one gets pregnant again or has too much sun exposure. Bleaching creams and chemical peels, along with excellent sun protection are critical; if these fail, then profractional should be considered, with the understanding that the melasma could still recur (as its not a tendency we can cure).

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon