Procedure Fix Tuberous Breasts on a 20 Year Old?

What's my ptosis degree? I have no children. I'm 20 years old.

Degree of Ptosis

+1
The degree of ptosis( droop ) is determined by the position of the nipple areolar complex in relation to the infra mammary crease. In a non ptotic breast the NAC sits high on the breast mound well above the crease and you see a lot of breast skin below. In your case the NAC is well below the crease and there is no inferior skin show. This would be considered second to third degree ptosis since the NAC does not point completely downward. Treatment would involve a vertical mastopexy and an implant for superior fill.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast Ptosis

+1

It looks like many of us agree that you have a significant amount of ptosis (nipple/areola complex below the breast fold and pointing downward).  You would need a breast lift procedure for better placement of the nipple/areola on the breast mound and if you want to increase the volume of your breasts, breast augmentation would need to be performed.

Anyone considering plastic or reconstructive surgery should consider consulting a board certified plastic surgeon to achieve the best and safest results possible. Physicians who are considered board certified hold a certification with the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). This certification proves that the surgeon has graduated from an accredited medical school, has completed a residency of at least five years, has three years of experience in general surgery, is actively practicing plastic surgery for at least two years, and has passed mandatory comprehensive and written examinations. These surgeons are referred to as diplomats of the ABPS and have fulfilled the following requirements. 
It is in the patient’s best interest to choose a board certified plastic surgeon. It is vital to your safety and the success of your cosmetic surgery that the surgeon you choose has the right qualifications, ample experience, and documented results of his or her work. ABPS diplomats have extensive skill and experience in a wide range of plastic surgery procedures.

Best Wishes

Sagging (ptotic) breast degree: photos

+1

From your pictures. it appears that you may have a grade 3 ptosis and would likely benefit from a full mastopexy with breast implants if you desire upper breast fullness.

Grade 2-3 ptosis

+1

You have significant ptosis of your breasts especially for a 20 year old and it is very reasonable that you may want to fix this.  You also have a tubular deformity to your breast which makes fixing them a bit trickier.  You need a lift and an implant to give you pretty, perky breast.  This is no small task though, so go to a board certified plastic surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery.

Kari L. Colen, MD

Breast ptosis in a 20 year old

+1

You ask some interesting questions. Your grade of ptosis is 2 because your nipples are below the crease under your breast. Grade 1 is when the nipple is right at the crease, and grade 3 ptosis is when the nipple is at the lowest part of the breast and points down at the floor. At any rate, a surgery to improve the appearance of your breast should move the nipple and areola higher, reshape the breast and take out extra skin. I always counsel young women that pregnancy and nursing change the shape of the breast again, and so you should consider that having this surgery now may mean that you will need a repeat surgery after having a baby.

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Repairing true breast ptosis

+1

You have true breast ptosis because the nipple is at the bottom of the breast, pointing down, and well below the inframammary crease.  A central pedicle lift is what I would recommend for you and an implant to add upper pole fullness.  

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

What's my ptosis degree?

+1

Grade III ptosis with nipple way below the infra mammary (under breast) fold with large areolae.

You would greatly benefit from a Hall Findlay vertical mammaplasty Mastopexy which would reduce the areola, cone the breasts and make them perky as well as putting them higher on the chest where they belong.

You can read much more at - http://www.cosmeticsurgeryspecialists.org/breastsurgery/breastliftandbreastreduction.html

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Ptosis degree

+1

Since you areola are at the lowest point on your breast it is considered a grade 3 ptosis. You need a lift and if you want more volume than you need an implant.