Is There a Procedure to Slim Down Asian Face?

I'm an Asian female with a relatively round face frame compared to a lot of Americans who have pointier, slimmer face shapes even though they are a lot heavier than me overall.

I researched Botox jawline improvement but don't think that's what I need. I want to reshape my face and eliminate the fat on the side(since the frame is larger, it holds more fat? When I smile, the fat on the side makes my face appear even rounder), but since there is not an excessive amount of fat, I don't think I am able to get Liposuction.

Mandible contouring

+1
MAndible contouring is a porocedure that would slim down your face. The chek bones can be contoured too. This results in swelling for severalmonths before you will notie the improvement but it is worth it.

Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

Slim Down an Asian Face

+1

You can use botox to slim a round face. It might be the best option for you. Most important would be to go for a consult with a physician that has experience in using botox for jawlines, and can also give you other alternate possibilities.

I have injected the jawline of both asian and caucasian patients to slim and lengthen the face. It can feminize a face if you have really strong muscles, slim a face that is round, and lengthen the jawline.

It is usually done in multiple sessions. I space them 3-4 months apart, and inject into what is called the masseter muscle. The dosage can vary. I use between 20 and 40 units per session. The results can really be impressive.

Jennifer Reichel, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Surgical option to slim down Asian face

+1

There are procedures that can be done to slim the Asian face down such as buccal fat pad removal.  However, we do not recommend this procedure because the face loses fat over time with the aging process.

Is there a procedure to slim down Asian face?

+1

There are LOTS of such procedures. That in itself should tell you that none is always applicable to everybody and each varies in its aggressiveness.

What CAN BE done depends on your individual examination. A lot of literature on such procedures comes from South Korea where several factors are being tackled.

"Moon Faces" due to a large malar fat pad, can be turned more into an upside down tapered pear shape by removal of Bichat's fat pad.

Roundness of the face due to masseter muscle enlargement has been dealt with either surgical shaving of the muscle or treating it with Botox.

Finally roundness due to facial bone anatomy has been tackled with various bone shaving procedures with which few American surgeons have much experience.

I would carefully consider things before jumping on any of these procedures.

I hope this was helpful.

Peter A Aldea, MD, FACS

Facial changes in Asians

+1

It doesn't matter if you are Asian or Causcasian, it all boils down to individual anatomy. I suspect that if you don't have a lot of subcutaneous fat, your shape is due to bony structure of your mandible or hypertrophy of your masseter muscle for which there are described methods of treatment. Alternatively, there can be deeper fat, the buccal fat pad, that might also contribute to the cheeky look.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

It depends on what specifically you want done.

+1

Most patients that I've seen like what you describe need nothing done! They get into problems when a doctor tells them he can slim it down with liposuction. Over 30 years I've seen dozens of patients with irregularities or no noticeable change from before after spending a lot of money. Also, as you age this will be a benefit to you in that you won't end up with that gaunt look you see in many thin faces as they age.