Will Breast Augmentation Remove Axillary Breast Tissue?

I have a "pouch of skin" above my breast (kind of near the underarm area but not on the arm). I am unsure of what kind of procedure would need to be performed to remove it (liposuction?) or if it is something that would go away with a breast augmentation? Is this a common problem area for women? It makes my bras fit uncomfortably because of the "hangover." Could this type of procedure be combined with an abdominoplasty?

Axillary breast tissue can be common

+3

Breast tissue high up along the tail of the breast near the underarm is fairly common, especially in full breasted women though it may be present even with a smaller cup size. The tissue may have a good bit of skin excess, or be just a full mound of tissue. We have found it to respond well to liposuction using ultrasound and this may be combined with many procedures including tummy tuck. Breast augmentation may make the fullness less noticeable but it is not likely to go away. It should be easily suctioned at the time.

peterejohnsonmd

Very common

+2

You describe either some excess breast tissue or a localized pocket of fat.  It is very common, and BAM may or may not make it appear less obvious.  It is worth discussing liposcution with your surgeon.

Axillary breast fullness.

+2

Yes all these procedures can be combined and yes axillary breast tissue is relatively common. The problem with management is determining if it is primarily breast or if it is fat. Breast responds to hormonal changes and may vary with your menstrual cycle becoming tender at that time of the month. Fat is relatively stable in size and does not change nor is it tender. If it is breast tissue, it may need to be excised with an incision. If it is fat, liposuction may be all that is required.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/chicago-breast-enlargement.html

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
The surgery itself will not, it is not uncommon to add some liposuction to this area with bilateral breast augmentation

Breast Augmentation and Liposuction

+1

Breast augmentation does help that area and allows more filling of the skin envelope. The area of your concern may be addressed with augmenation alone but at times there is a need for liposuction to help fix the area.

I would recommend getting the breast augmentation done and see how you feel afterwards.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-breastaugmentation-breastimplants-newport-beach.php

Axillary breast tissue

+1

Breast tissue in the axillary region usually presents as redundant folds above the bra cup.  This may or may not change in size with the menstrual cycle. It can be treated easily with direct excision.

Excess tissue in the upper outer breast

+1

The little roll of extra tissue in the upper outer breast is very common and causes problems with clothing and bra straps.  Usually it is improved by augmentation alone but sometimes (rarely) some liposuction can be done but it needs to be very conservative because of the thin skin in that area.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Breast augmentation might make axillary breast tissue less noticeable

+1

Breast augmentation surgery is simply the placement of breast implants. It doesn't usually involve removing anything. The placement of implants might make that tissue less noticeable however depending upon how much there is and where exactly it is. It sounds like you need a consultation to sort these things and how they may "fine tune" what you seek.

Orange Plastic Surgeon