Is It Wise to Have 3 Perlane Injections at Once?

I need your advice about making a decision of having Perlane injections. I was told that I would need 3 injections to see any results. I would like to know if the injections should be administered in, at least, 2 visits and not one so the change will not be so obvious right away, and the recovery will be quicker.

Perlane and using 3 vials

+1

I would recommend having a thourough consult with a reputable practitioner to provide you the required education/information. Everyone injects differently and has a different perception, so it's difficult to answer your question without seeing you in person.

Too much for one visit?

+1

Greetings~

Unfortunately, without seeing you and the knowing what issues you are trying to address, correct or improve, it is nearly impossible to say if 3 syringes of Perlane is the appropriate number. If you are looking to do cheek augmentation or restoring some volume it may be completely appropriate...if on the other hand you are hoping to enhance your already adequately sized lips, this may be ridiculous.  Having a 'full' correction of an area has been shown to prolong results and patient satisfaction.  Volume doesn't generally dictate length of recovery...but being poked with a needle on multiple visits increases your chances of bruising and therefore increases recovery. Once the correction you are looking for is achieved, if that requires for example 3 syringes, you may consider doing treatment in the future before everything is worn off and adding 1 syringe periodically to keep any change as subtle as possible.

Good Luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Injections of Perlane

+1

It is really up to you how many syringes of Perlane shoudl be injected at one time. If you are uncertain, you may want to get one or two and then have a follow-up a few weeks later for a third.  Or during the initial visit evaluate it after each syringe. It is always up to the patient.

The idea makes sense

+1

Your idea makes sense, but keep in mind that if your result requires the volume of three syringes, your recovery may not take any longer compared than if only two syringes were used. If your volume depletion of the soft tissues needs 3 syringes than it would be appropriate but without knowing or seeing you it is impossible to state if you need less or more.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Is it wise to have 3 Perlane injections at once?

+1

Yes - you CAN have 3 syringes at the same time. There is no ONE WAY to do this.

But - I am a little concerned with the comment that "would need 3 injections to see any results". Perlane and other such fillers offer the Plastic Surgeon / Dermatologist to see a gradual improvement as each drop is being injected - It will NOT take 3 whole syringes to see such improvement. You SHOULD see an improvement even with 1 syringe but, obviously it will not be a total correction. A syringe of Perlane is not cheap and I would not be happy having to fork over that amount x 3 just because someone said so. I may be totally wrong here - But I still wonder if this is Medicine or Economics talking...

3 At one visit is OK

+1

It certainly is common to get more than one syringe of hyaluronic acid filler in one visit. In fact, studies have proven extended duration with full correction.

You certainly can do the 3 syringes over 2-3 visits as well. The gradual improvement may be a good way to keep the reason for your improving appearance a secret from friends and family. Your doctor and you can decide together what is best for you.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Perlane can be administered at one or two visits

+1

You question about dividing Perlane treatments is a good one and there is not a correct answer. Many people like to get all of the syringes administered at the same time. The advantage to this is that you only have one period of down time (bruising and swelling). The disadvantage is that the change will be more dramatic and some people might notice. We find that most of our patients are more concerned about the down time and elect to have all of their fillers (and Botox, and laser, etc.) done at the same time.

Hope this helps

Jonathan Sonne, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon