Perlane for Under Eye Hollows?

I am only 19, however, the area under my eyes is very hollow and the doctor said she would inject along the bone to fill the area. I am not too confident if perlane is the best option. Also, she said it would hurt so to avoid this she would inject adrenaline prior which would 'block' the area??? Could someone please tell me if this is the right way to go? Not too sure ...

Injection of filler under the eyes

+2

My personal preference is to use Restylane  under the eyes. The skin in this area is very thin on most patients and Restylane is the least likely product to be visible through the skin. Perlane is preferable for areas of the face with thicker skin, as the product is more cross-linked. The under eye injections are quite comfortable and typically patients do not require even topical numbing cream for this procedure. 

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perlane under the eyes

+2

I prefer not to use perlane under the eyes in the hollow because it is a fairly thick product. My preference is restylane for this area.

Under the eyes, Resty is Besty

+1

as others have said, I also prefer Restylane under the eyes.  All Hyaluronic Acid filler (Restylane, Perlane, Juvaderm) absorb water, but it seems that Restylane does so much more predictably than the others.  Juvaderm or Perlane under the eyes can theoretically give you intermittent puffiness that can be a bit unpredictable.  

As an aside, filler under the eyes can do wonders for patients who have a "hill, valley, hill" problem under the eye- a true tear trough that is a hollowed ridge.  It won't help patients with darkened, pigmented areas under the eyes, or eye puffiness alone (in fact, it can make puffiness look worse).  

I would also recommend scheduling your injections when you can take a few days off.  Injections in this area can cause you some puffiness and bruising for a few days. 

Dara Liotta, MD

Perlane under the eyes

+1

Perlane and Restyane can be used to reduce the hallows under the eyes. They can be used to reduce the appearance of ages under the eyes. 

Topical aesthetic can be used, although the procedure is well tolerated especially when the -L product is used, which contains lidocaine.

Robert S. Bader, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Perlane to under eye area

+1

Any dermal filler will help provide volume to a "hollow" under eye area. I would recommend having a thorough assessment with a reputable provider for further education and information, and be sure you understand what is being presented and that your expectations are in line with theirs.

Sam Naficy, MD

Filling under eye hollows

+1

Greetings~

It is difficult to recommend for or against treatment without seeing you but generally speaking I prefer Restylane for the under eye hollows...though very similar, Perlane is thicker and consists of larger particles which can be more difficult to work with in the thin, delicate under eye area.  Most patients are surprised how tolerable the injections in this area are.  The majority of patients are fine with only topical anesthetic but injectable anesthetic (Lidocaine) can also be used in small amounts at the needle insertion site.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Perlane, Juvederm, Fill NLF's, Face Fillers, Restylane

+1

Perlane is too thick to be placed just below the eyes and at 19, I can't imagine what you'd be treating.  It is possible for teens to have pre-mature lower eyelid bags but these more often appear during the early 20's.  You might consider seeing a facial plastic surgeon, plastic and cosmetic surgeon or a dermatologist for a consultation before proceeding.

Perlane for the hollowing of the lower eyelid

+1

I prefer using juvederm in this area - to me it's smoothness is unsurpassed and the ease of injection makes for a relatively painless procedure using just topical anesthesia.  I do not find blocks necessary.  Also, if the substance is injected deep to the thin circular orbicularis muscle, I have not had any instances of it being visible. 

Douglas Stevens, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perlane is great for under the eyes!

+1

I really like Perlane under the eyes.  I use it more than any of the other fillers.  Perlane is a lot like Restylane, only a little thicker and with slightly longer results.  This is going to be a short answer, because it really is straight forward!  Perlane is great for treating the tear trough, and cheek bone area.

One caveat, treating under the eyes is an art and highly technique dependent, so like anything else that requires skill and touch, you will have to find someone great.  Of course I would welcome you review our results at the link below!

Good luck and take care!

For more examples of Perlane to the under eyes, please click the link below.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do not use Perlane for under eye hollows

+1

I agree with Dr. Kaplan. There are two red flags here that make me think that your injector lacks experience. First of all, Perlane is not a good filler in this area. Personally, I only inject Restylane in the so-called tear trough area. Perlane has a high risk of an unnatural result in this area. Secondly, a dental block is not used for this area. Injections are essentially painless with a topical anesthetic. My patients never report any pain with this procedure. I would look elsewhere to find someone experienced. This area of the face requires more skill and artistry.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon