Is 25% TCA Peel Safe for Olive or Tan Skin?

I am an olive/tan Persian girl. Is 25% TCA peel safe for my skin color ?

TCA peel for darker skin type

+1

TCA peels are beneficial for all skin types, however with darker skin it is recommended to pre treat with 4% hydroquinone for 4 to 6 weeks prior to the peel to suppress pigment producing cells, this in turn will decrease chances of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. As long as you are appropriately pre-treated and have a physician who can manage the post-procedure period, you should be able to tolerate a medium depth peel, such as a 25-35% TCA peel. The key is to find a physician with experience with resurfacing darker skin types. We do a high volume of these peels in our practice and have had good success.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

25% TCA peels can work for olive skinned persian girls

+1

It is not a problem doing a 25% TCA peel on an olive tanned Persian girl, but you need to use a cortisone lotion such as Desowen lotion 2-3 times a day for a week along with sunscreens daily and start a bleaching cream sparingly after it peels in 1 week and continue them until your color looks good in about 2 weeks.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

TCA peel for olive skin

+1

I probably would not recommend anything stronger than a 20% TCA peel for someone of your skin type. Even with the lower strength chemical peels, there is still a small risk of developing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, darker discoloration of the skin that can last several weeks to months.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist