Ointment for Scar from Tricophytic Brow Lift?

I'm nervous about the scar healing following a Tricophytic brow lift. Surgeons, do you have suggestions for types of ointments to use after the scar has closed? Any supplements besides Arnica? I'm fair-skinned and giving myself 2 weeks from work to recover and the option of a new hair style if necessary.

Brow lift scars

When performed correctly, the scar from a tricophytic brow lift should not be visible.  Silicone ointments and gels have been shown to facilitate healing. Vitamin E has not been shown to be of much help.  It should heal well without any intervention. Scars take months to heel. Be patient. Good luck.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

200 Stony Brook Court
Newburgh, NY 12550

Brow lift scar

If done correctly, the scar after a brow lift can be fairly well concealed.  Usually nothing more than time is needed for the scar to fade really well.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Tricophytic brow lift

Probably the most improtant factor is the design of the incision and attempt to preserve the hair follicles. A natural hairline is the best way to conceal the scars.  Hair shock is normal and you may experience brief hair loss until the hair has spontaneous growth. Rogaine may be useful in this regard.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Ointments for scar healing

The traditional use of Vit E, Mederma and silicone based products work fine but I have found that massaging the scar with emu oil is best.  Discuss this with your docotor.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

1135 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004