Ointment for Scar from Tricophytic Brow Lift?

I'm nervous about the scar healing following a Tricophytic brow lift. Surgeons, do you have suggestions for types of ointments to use after the scar has closed? Any supplements besides Arnica? I'm fair-skinned and giving myself 2 weeks from work to recover and the option of a new hair style if necessary.

Brow lift scars

+2

When performed correctly, the scar from a tricophytic brow lift should not be visible.  Silicone ointments and gels have been shown to facilitate healing. Vitamin E has not been shown to be of much help.  It should heal well without any intervention. Scars take months to heel. Be patient. Good luck.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift scar

+2

If done correctly, the scar after a brow lift can be fairly well concealed.  Usually nothing more than time is needed for the scar to fade really well.

Tricophytic brow lift

+1

Probably the most improtant factor is the design of the incision and attempt to preserve the hair follicles. A natural hairline is the best way to conceal the scars.  Hair shock is normal and you may experience brief hair loss until the hair has spontaneous growth. Rogaine may be useful in this regard.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/face.html

Ointments for scar healing

+1

The traditional use of Vit E, Mederma and silicone based products work fine but I have found that massaging the scar with emu oil is best.  Discuss this with your docotor.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com