Can the Nose Be Fixed Months After Fracture?

Nasal fracture correction

+1

I prefer to wait at least 6 months to operate on a fractured nose unless it is a simple reduction done within 3 weeks of the fracture. These early reductions should be done either before (within a few hours of injury) or after swelling subsides.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal repair after fracture

+1
Fear not. Many patients come to see me with exactly the same concern. Of course, if you can have your nose repaired withing the first week or two following the injury, it is a bit easier to put the bone back into its pre injury position. Waiting, however, makes the procedure a little more difficult because the nose will likely have to be re broken. If you were considering some changes to your nose along with repair of the fracture, waiting a few months has worked towards your advantage. A good rhinoplastic surgeon should have no problem repairing your nose.

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon