Will my Nose Look Natural if It's Less Chunky?

I feel like my nose is very fat from the from the front and chunky from the side. Is it possible to look a lot more refined from the front as well as less hooky from the side? I'm afraid that it will look weird afterwards

Natural looking results - not appearing overdone

+1
The goal of rhinoplasty surgery should be to create a nose that is best suited to your face both in proportion and shape so that you achieve the most natural looking result. Additionally, the result after rhinoplasty should be congruent with the patient's gender and ethnicity.

It is common for patients to have 1 or 2 things that really bother them about their nose. One of the most common concerns that prompt patients to seek rhinoplasty is the shape of the nasal tip or droopiness. In many instances there are other aspects of the nose that could be improved simultaneously during rhinoplasty; some common problems include a dorsal hump (bump on the bridge), crookedness, and poor nasal airflow. However, often times these problems are imperceptible to the patient presenting for rhinoplasty as they are focused on their major concern. Following surgery, these other problems may be more apparent to the patient once the major concern has been addressed. Additionally, reducing or reshaping the nasal tip alone can cause a change in the relative proportions of the nose leading to an unbalanced look. In some patients, the tip is the only major issue and rhinoplasty focusing on the nasal tip alone can improve the overall nasal appearance. In many cases, there are other things that if not simultaneously improved, may be a source of dissatisfaction following rhinoplasty.

Some common concerns with the tip include its shape, size, and position. Problems with shape may include asymmetrical, bulbous (round), or boxy shapes. The nose may be too large or too small. The position of the tip may be too projected or have inadequate projection or may be over- or underrotated. During surgery of the nasal tip, these should all be taken into consideration to achieve the best result.

The nose may appear chunky due to several factors such as a bulbous tip, fat or flared alar rims or a wide upper nose. Many of these problems can be addressed during rhinoplasty to create a nose that looks much better but still natural and not overdone.

Rhinoplasty and natural results

+1
Dear Kajal, you appear by the frontal photograph to have a widened tip and while I can not see the side a slight reduction of both of these should give you a refined yet natural looking nose. You have very nice facial features and it is important to find a surgeon who will nicely blend those with your rhinoplasty surgery ending in a result that looks like a nose you were born with and not one that was surgically altered. I use an imaging computer in my office and I suggest that you see a surgeon who can show you his proposed results via imaging and make sure you are on the same page. Then review his pre and post operative photographs to make sure that he can deliver on this result. I always invite my patients to speak with my other postoperative patients during different phases of their recovery so they have a complete understanding of the process. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Rhinoplasty results should look natural

+1

The nose can certainly be refined by narrowing the bridge, mid third of the vault, and tip of the nose. These can all be done through a traditional endonasal rhinoplasty. The nose will look more refined to further balance with facial features and to look less noticeable. A well-trained rhinoplasty surgeon should make it look very natural so it does not look operated upon.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Rhinoplasty Can Give Natural Results When Done Correctly

+1

It is possible for correction of large nose to appear natural as long as the nose is proportional and in balance with the other facial features. For the nose to look natural, it must be in balance and harmony with the other facial features.

One way to gain a better understanding of how rhinoplasty would change your appearance is to visit with a rhinoplasty specialist who show you what your potential rhinoplasty resuls would look like. There are several methods that rhinoplasty surgeons use in their practices to help patients understand what their surgical result may look like. Some surgeons prefer to use tracing paper overlying the patient's photographs. This can give patients a rough idea of what to expect from surgery. Computer imaging, frequently called computer morphing, is a very effective way of communicating the intended surgical results and to set goals for surgery.

Most recently, 3D computer imaging and analysis has become available. This new technology allow the surgeon and the patient to view a preoperative image in 3 dimensions. The image can be rotated and viewed from any angle. Morphing tools allow the result to be simulated in 3D and viewed from any angle.

Web reference: http://rhinoplasty-usa.com/html/meet-dr-cochran.html

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, the Natural Result

+1

Hi Kajal,

Your nose should look natural as long as you choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully. Make sure that you clearly communicate what bothers you about your nose, as well as what you would be satisfied with after surgery.

Make sure that you surgeon understands your desired goals, and that he/she believes that they can achieve those goals for you. Consult with a few experienced, skilled, and well respected rhinoplasty surgeons before making your decision.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Web reference: http://www.drpersky.com/blog/archives/116-The-Subtle-Rhinoplasty...Slight-Hump-Removal-in-an-Ethnic-Nose.html

Bulbous Tip & Droopy Nose

+1

The bulbous tip is what you are referring to as "Chunky". It will certainly be finer with narrowing of the tip area. The hook like look from the side 'profile view' is called tip ptosis or droopy tip. That can be improved by refining the tip and giving it more support.

The above mentioned changes if executed properly will not look strange and will improve the overall facial aesthetics for you.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

See a rhinoplasty specialist.

+1

The nose should look natural when it is done if you choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. See live patients he has done and make sure you like his work.

Rhinoplasty and natural results

+1

The  goal of rhinoplasty surgery is to provide natural results, maintain a patient's ethnicity as desired, and maintain nasal function ( breathing properly). It is certainly reasonable to correct a dorsal hump, and refine the tip.

Nasal Refinement with Rhinoplasty

+1

The goal of rhinoplasty ultimately is enhancement of the face in general. "Weird" should not be part of the rhinoplasty result. Therefore, it is important to study your facial aesthetics carefully and understand the nasal changes necessary and possible to achieve a balanced face.

You would probably benefit from talking to a rhinoplasty surgeon to learn what is possible in your particular situation.

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

You can have your nose narrowed, and a bump removed with Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concerns, and viewed your frontal photo. Your nose is certainly wide on the front view. If you have a profile-hump as well, these aesthetics are typically addressed during Rhinoplasty Surgery.

During your in-person consultation, your experienced, certified Rhinoplasty surgeon will let you know what's attainable with surgery.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/90/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon