Type of Nose Job to Improve Profile and Wideness?

I'm 17 years old and I've wanted a nose job since I was about 12 years old. I feel like my nose is very wide and I really hate it's profile when I turn to the side. What do you think would be the best type of surgery to achieve the results I'm looking for?

Improve profile with rhinoplasty

+2

I would have to see more photos and examine you to determine the best possible options. It sounds like you may benefit from a Rhinoplasty with osteotomies (narrowing of the nasal bones). Performing a hump removal will enhance the profile from the side, and the the osteotomies will help to decrease the width. I would be happy to take a look at any more photos you may have.

Dr. Nassif

Cosmetic rhinoplasty to improve profile and nose width

+1

A cosmetic rhinoplasty can certainly reduce the width of the entire nose. The rhinoplasty operation would consist of narrowing the tip with suturing techniques and osteotomies to narrow the nasal bridge. This can all be done through a closed or endonasal approach under general anesthesia. The surgery takes approximately one to one-and-a-half hours to perform, and is an outpatient surgery.

Type of Rhinoplasty

+1

There are many rhinoplasty techniques to narrow your nose and improve the profile. Ask  experienced surgeons what approaches are best in their hands. Looking at your facial features, you should have a very nice result.

Rhinoplasty to reduce Wide Nose and Straighten Profile

+1

Creating a straight nose and narrowing a wide nose are common requests for cosmetic rhinoplasty surgery. Cosmetic surgery with a rhinoplasty specialist may give your desired results and improve nasal-facial balance.

The results you're seeking may be performed via different nasal approaches. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a rhinoplasty surgeon can he/she determine the most appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for profile and width

+1

A rhinoplasty can certainly be performed to narrow the nasal widith and improve your profile. You should see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon in your area who can evaluate you and address each issue of concern. Ask to see before and after photos of patients with similar complaints. Soem surgeons use computer imaging to demonstrate the expected results. Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Wide Nose

+1

Hi Ariel,

Many patients have the same complaint as you do. It appears that the bridge of your nose is low and wide. In order to correct this, you might want to consider a custom nasal implant and narrowing of the nasal bones. This will give you height in the profile and will make your nose appear slimmer. The boxiness of your tip can also be redone by sculpting the cartilages in the tip of your nose.

An open rhinoplasty will allow correct placement of the implant and sculpting of your tip.

Dr. S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty Can Correct Wide Nose and Improve Profile

+1

Rhinoplasty can correct a wide nose and improve the profile. Depending on your specific nasal characteristics and the desired results, your surgery could be performed via an open rhinoplasty or a closed rhinoplasty approach. Each patient is unqiue and so must the surgery. The overall goal would be to give you a nose that looks natural and that is in balance and harmony with the other facial features.

One way to gain a better understanding of how rhinoplasty would change your appearance is to visit with a rhinoplasty specialist who show you what your potential rhinoplasty resuls would look like. Most surgeons use computer imaging, frequently called computer morphing, to show you the proposed results from your surgery. This is a very effective way of communicating the intended surgical results and to set goals for surgery.

Most recently, 3D computer imaging and analysis has become available. This new technology allow the surgeon and the patient to view a preoperative image in 3 dimensions. The image can be rotated and viewed from any angle. Morphing tools allow the result to be simulated in 3D and viewed from any angle.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

It depends on the surgeon and the extent of the surgery.

+1

See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does the kind of noses you like and let him guide you as to what is the best way to achieve your goals.

Every Face Has Its Own Nose

+1

You should not hate your nose. Every face needs to have a nose that matches that face. You have a fuller face and a narrow nose would look to be out of place. However if the width is an issue, alar wedge resection will help you. To improve the profile a dorsal implant made from your own nasal septum or ear cartilage will improve the profile. Your thick skin will not allow a very defined sharp nose and that is good because you have soft features and you need a soft nose.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

What does a rhinoplasty do?

+1

The changes your request are typically addressed during a traditional rhinoplasty: namely a reduced hump from the side view and narrowing from the frontal view. During this procedure it is conventional to refine the tip of the nose as well but that is at your discretion.