Will the Nose Go Back to Normal After Tip Rhinoplasty?

Is the inside of your nose normal after tip Rhinoplasty? I had tip Rhinoplasty around March to raise a droopy looking tip. The PS told me that his method was to insert cartilage to support the tip.

To better explain my question, say I get my nose broken but I don't want to go to a PS because I have insurance and can go to the hospital and get it fixed for free. Will it be noticeable and/or harder for the doctor to fix my nose with the attached cartilage? I hope I explained my self right. Thanks.

Nose will be normal after surgery

+1

The nose will go back to being normal after a tip rhinoplasty. If the nose becomes broken in an injury, it can easily be reset, repaired and straightened, whether or not you have had a tip rhinoplasty. It will not be any harder for the doctor to fix your nose with any previous cartilage grafts since the bones are typically broken and twisted when the nose is fractured.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Unlikely to break a cartilage graft after rhinoplasty.

+1

Once a patient is fully healed, a tip graft or columellar strut graft should be nearly as resilient to trauma as any of the cartilages in an unoperated nose. The nose does, after all, have cartilage at the tip normally.

The nose is not indestructible, though, so if you had to have surgery on the nose after some trauma, the previous scars (internal and external) do add a greater challenge.

But, hey, if you've invested your time, money, and suffering in a rhinoplasty shouldn't you do whatever you can to avoid situations where the nose will get hurt? Don't take up boxing as a sport, wear your seat belt, and walk away from a fight...you know, basic rules of a civilized existence. :-)

--DCP

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, the nose will be "normal".

+1

The tip surgery you had done has healed and is part of your new nose. It will not present any problem with any future surgery on the nose.

Tip rhinoplasty

+1

For all intents and purposes, the tip of the nose can be considered normal tissue in response to traumatic injury. However, it may not behave the same way that unoperated tissue behaves. You should essentially return to normal unrestricted activity without any major concerns following healing.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/rhinoplasty.html