Non-surgical Skin Tightening Option for Younger Patient?

Hi! I am a 24 year old female. I've started to notice that my jaw is not as firm as it used to be. I think because I gained a lot of weight during my two pregnancies and have now lost the weight.

My face swelled up a lot and now my jowls are noticeably sagging. I thought that over time it will go back to normal but it has been almost two years.

Are there any non-surgical treatments or creams out there that really work? Most creams that I've seen for lifting are made for mature skin, I just need a lift/firm. Please advise. Thank you.

Non-Surgical Skin Tightening Options

+1

There are really no creams that will give you significant tightening of the jowl area (jawline).

There are non-surgical skin tightening devices on the market. The newest, and best, is Ultherapy. Ultherapy uses high frequency ultrasound waves. Just like diagnostic ultrasound (the ones used to look at babies in their mommy's tummy), Ultherapy is able to entirely bypass the very top layers of the skin and lay down high energy (hot) waves that cause damage to the underlying layers. As the body heals the damaged tissue, it causes tightening and new collagen formation. The technology is impressive.

Previous tightening devices, such as Titan, and Thermage, use radiofrequency waves. Although they can give some tightening, radiofrequency has to go through the top layers of the skin (heat the top layers to get to the underlying ones). So, these devices can not penetrate as deeply - or give as much tightening.

Web reference: http://www.pacificdermcenter.com/ultherapy/#main

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial Skin Tightening

+1

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Ultherapy for facial skin tightening. Ultherapy deposits focused ultrasound energy below the surface of the skin to stimulate the body’s creation of new collagen. As a result, skin will actually begin to lift and tone over time. Collagen is a natural protein that gives skin its youthfulness by keeping it firmed, toned and elastic. Plus, the treatment is completely non-invasive and does not require downtime. I have seen excellent results with the treatment.

Young patient with jowls - perfect candidate for ulthera

+1

You may want to consider ultherapy if your jawline is starting to sag.  It is clinically proven to incite collagen production.  You are probably a perfect candidate because your skin is still so youthful.  Ulthera creates zones of injury via ultrasound heat.  In response, your skin goes into overtime creating collagen.  Increased collagen means increased firmness.  

The upside is that it is completely noninvasive and safe.   It takes about an hour, and you can go back to work or play.  The downside is that results are gradual.  You will see most of the results by 3-6 months, though collagen production continues for as long as 12 months, and perhaps longer. 

You should talk to your doctor to see if you are a candidate.  

Houston Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.