Eye Glasses or Surgical Face Mask After Non-surgical Rhinoplasty?

After non surgical rhinoplasty with Radiesse injected into nose, how long do I have to wait before I can start wearing eye glasses or surgical face mask? I do lab work that sometimes requires wearing surgical face mask (like the one dentist wears), but those face mask sometimes leave elastic band marks on my nose temporarily after I take off the mask. Thanks so much!

You may need to wait one month after a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty before wearing glasses.

+1

If you had any Injectable Filler applied to the bridge of your nose where your glasses sit, wearing your glasses too soon could move the Filler. Injectable Fillers typically take several weeks till your body renders them immobile. So I advise my patients not to apply direct pressure to the areas of injection for one month.

I hope this is helpful for you.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty and Radiesse

+1

Good question! I tell my patients that Radiesse will become significantly more stabilized in about 72 hours following injections. In your particular situation, I might recommend waiting another couple of days.

I am more concerned with the pressure from your eye glasses than the surgical face mask. If you placed some foam tape underneath the surgical face mask while you are at work this might relieve some of the pressure at the Radiesse injections sites. If you can stand to tape your glasses to your mid-forehead, this prevent your glasses from having direct pressure to the newly placed Radiesse.

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Give it a few days.

+1

Like most things, it depends. Generally, I tell my patients to avoid mashing on the area after non-surgical rhinoplasty for at least the first 72 hours, longer if there is any significant bruising or redness.

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon