Non Surgical Option for Double Chin?

I have lost 30 lbs over the last 8 months. Now my double chin is worse. What is the best non surgical option?

Non surgical option for double chin

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a good non-surgical option. If you plan on losing more weight, I would advise you to reevaluate your needs at that point. Performing liposuction would produce the best results. Thank you, and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif

Non surgical options for double chin are weak

+1

Until we are able to and choose to address the genetic code for aging changes, there will be no therapy which is more efficacious than surgery for a double chin. Unfortunately, the years to come will offer no shortage "revolutionary" therapies which will be advertised as surgical alternatives or "non surgical facelifts".

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical options for double chin do not work

+1

There are a LOT of "nonsurgical", "minimally invasive", "natural" alternatives to a neck or face lifts. Tens of them. The problem is that not a single one of them has been shown to work in anything resembling a scientific study.

It has been reported that various modalities that warm skin can shrink skin. The problem is who much warming is safe before warming becomes cooking and an irreversible scar results.

For the time being, surgery remains your only real option.

No great non-surgical options for a double chin

+1

Once you have lost weight, your skin needs to shrink if it can. If it does not have the elasticity to shrink away the excess, it will look loose and lax. Once this has occurred, the only way to improve it substantially is with surgery.

Thousands of dollars have been spent by patients pursuing non-surgical tretments like Thermage and most are left disappointed with minimal to no correction. Bottom line is that once you have excess skin, surgery is the only way to tighten it up.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

The best treatment for your double chin would be neck liposuction, and possibly a neck lift.

+1

I have not seen any good non-surgical options to treat unwanted fat deposits in your neck. If your skin tone is good, and if you're under 55, neck liposuction may be sufficient. This is a minimally invasive, safe procedure with little downtime.

If you have excess skin in your neck, then liposuction followed by suspension of the skin via a short-scar facelift would provide natural, youthful rejuvenation.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thermage may be an option for you

+1

Losing weight is a sure way to make your chin drop. One of the options that you have is the use of Thermage. Thermage tightens the skin by shrinking the tissues with radio frequencies. You need t be evaluated to see if youare a candidate.

Carlos Wolf, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon