Non Invasive Procedures Available for Sagging Jowls or Neck?

Are there non-invasive procedures available for sagging jowls or neck? If so, what is the cost and healing time? I'm looking for results that Lifestyle Lift claims, but a procedure individualized for me.

Non Invasive Correction Of Sagging Jowls And Neck

Thank you for your question. There are many non invasive skin tightening procedures available including Thermage, LuxIR Deep, Titan, Ulthera and others. The problem is that the best results achieve only about 20% skin tightening.

Young patients with very early small amounts of jowl and neck laxity can see some improvement with non surgical methods. However significant loose jowl and neck skin are best corrected with a Face and Neck lift.

Be careful choosing a heavily marketed named lift such as the Lifestyle Lift.

The most important thing for you is the expertise and experience of your surgeon-not the name of the lift.

See a Plastic Surgeon Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery

Surgical versus non-surgical neck lift and jowl reduction

Ultimately, a surgical neck lift produces the most neck contouring and jowl reduction. This procedure could include tightening your underlying musculature to give you a better contour and also removing the excess skin laxity. Together this allows for a much better neck contour. In some instances, some liposuction is also beneficial to reduce the submental fullness.

However, if you are looking soley for a non-surgical solution, I am finding that the combination of Kybella to reduce the sub mental fullness and an energy device to tighten the skin are among the best non-surgical combinations to help your neck concerns.
kybella is an injection procedure that dissolves the fat an may require between 2-4 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart. There is some swelling and bruising potential, with the greatest amount with the first treatment.
As far as energy devices, I would recommend Ulthera if you are looking for something with no downtime, or Profound if you could tolerate some downtime. Ulthera is an ultrasound based energy that heats the underlying tissue and stimulates collagen in response. Profound is a radio frequency microneedling device that allows for the creation of Elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid and hence restores some of the lost elasticity in the neck. It has more visible downtime with the possibility of some swelling and bruising that diminishes in about a weeks time.

I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who has the portfolio of non-surgical options in your area who can help explain the treatment options for you and the limitations of each option, both surgical and non-surgical.

Treatment of sagging jowls and neck

By far and away, the best treatment for jowls and neck laxity is a properly done real facelift by a real plastic surgeon. All other treatments including Thermage, Titan, lasers, peels, mini lifts, and branded mini lifts (like the Lifestyle lift) are expensive and fall far short and can even cause uncorrectable problems. It is your face and you only get one good opportunity for a great result!