How Are Nipples Repositioned?

I had a Breast Lift with Breast Implants 3 months ago, 6/29. My surgeon mentioned revising my nipples by repositioning them more towards the center of my breasts. My quetion is how exactly is this done?

Proper position of the nipple following breast lift (mastopexy)

+3

There are many techniques available to reposition the nipple and areola following breast lifts (mastopexy). Most involve either revising or completely redoing your mastopexy. The procedures available and best suited to an individual depend largely on which technique was used to perform the original mastopexy. This can be best determined by your current plastic surgeon. If you chose to obtain a second opinion with another plastic surgeon, it would be helpful to provide him or her with your operative records that describe in detail what was done during the original operation.

I know this is not the definitive answer you are seeking but I hope this will be of some help to you. Good luck I hope you achieve the changes you seek.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Repositioning nipples on your breasts

+2

The best person to give you this answer will be your plastic surgeon. There are limitations to haw far they can be moved and it would be prudent to allow proper time for healing (at least 6-12 months in my opinion). The one method that will probably be used is a variation of a peri-areolar mastopexy with a permanent suture around the nipple. You may find that you are not interested in a change after you have had time to heal so continue to follow your post-op instructions and be patients. I hope this helps.

Dr Edwards

Web reference: http://www.medwardsmd.com/plasticsurgery_questions1.html