Who'd You Recommend for Breast Implant Removal in New York?

Can I have my Implants Removed without getting a Breast Lift? I am African American and I'm prone to keloids! Are there any good New York City MD's?

How much would it cost to remove the implants? I'm 36 year old. I had implants in 2002. I went from 34B to 36DD and I have gained weight.

+1

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Please see the attached link for more information about breast implant removal procedures.

Breast Implant Removal in New York

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting point for qualified, board certified plastic surgeons. Dr. Jay Birnbaum and Dr. Nicolas Tabbal are possibilities. Consult with 3 - 4 surgeons to explore your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Implatn removal

+1

There are many good palstic surgeons in NYC you can start by going to the ASPS or ASAPS websites if you do not knwo of any plastic surgeons.  The fee would vary depending upon what you might need done. Just removal of implants are in the neighborhood of $5000 in NYC.

Breast implant removal in NYC

+1

There are excellent breast surgeons in NYC. I would consider consulting with Dr. Hidalgo to determine if a breast lift is for you.

Breast Implant Removal (Explantation) WITHOUT Breast Lift

+1

As long as you understand and accept the consequences of removing your breast implants without also lifting the breasts at the same time there is NO reason why anyone would refuse to do the surgery.

The breast envelope covering your implants now is much larger than it was before the implants were placed it. Consequently, removing the implants without a concomitant lift may reveal breast sagging which could, in extreme cases, look like a rock in a sock. As long as you accept this outcome, you should do what makes you happy.

Check our society's website at www.PlasticSurgery.org for a listing of board certified Plastic surgeons in your area. I am sure you will have a large choice of qualified surgeons to choose from.

Breast implant removal without additional scars

+1

I have been very happy with the long term results of removing breast implants without doing an immediate breast lift. I was led to try this by a patient who insisted all she wanted was removal of the implants, no breast lift. She stated that she did not care what her breasts looked like after this procedure but wanted to be back to her life as quickly as possible.

What we found together is that her breasts looked just awful in the first week, but by the end of the second week, the skin had contracted and the breasts looked normal! I am aware that this is not what is currently recommended in the surgical community, but I have several patients already who are very happy with the results. The risk is that in several months, if the breasts remain too droopy, a breast lift might be needed. However, even if this were the case, the incisions needed would be smaller than if the lift were done at the time of implant removal because the skin will have had a chance to tighten some on its own.

I am in California but there are many good surgeons in New York. I trained in New York and have remained in close contact with several plastic surgeons there. Dr. Paul Weiss is one I would recommend for a consultation.

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon