Multiple Cosmetic Procedures Safety and the Recovery Time?

I'm a healthy 25-year-old woman, and I've lost 80 pounds, now at my ideal weight. The procedures I'd like done are: Breast Augmentation, Inner Thigh Lift (loose skin isn't severe), and Liposuction to the 'bra fat' area and the 'muffin top' area (ie. lowerback and flanks). I don't have much fat, just small uneven pockets here and there. Can these 3 procedures be safely combined? I can't take more than 7-9 days off work (5-6 hours desk job on week days). Will I be recovered enough to go to work in a week? Thank you.

Congrats on your achievment!

What a great story -- losing all of that weight! Kudos to you and your achievment.

A far as the multiple procedures go, the ones you describe can all be done safely in one operation. The inner thigh lift may however set you back a bit more than a week. Depending upon what exactly your surgeon needs to do, that operation can take longer than a week to recover.

Be sure that your operation is being performed in a certified office surgical suite, surgery center, or hospital, and that your surgeon is Board certified.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

Multiple cosmetic procedures safely and the recovery time?

The combination of procedures that you are contemplating should all be able to be done safely at the same time. Unfortunately however I think you should plan a longer recovery time. It would be ideal if you could take off 2 weeks.
One of the most important factors in performing several procedures at the same time is the length of surgery. Although there is no universally agreed upon time limit most surgeons would probably agree that the limit falls between 4-6 hours. Many surgeons use 5 hours as a limit. Complication rates begin to rise as the length of surgery exceeds this time frame. In order to safely and effectively perform several procedures within this timeframe it is very important that the surgeon and his or her team are highly trained and routinely perform these combinations in an efficient manner.
A very important member of the team is the anesthesiologist. An anesthesiologist who routinely performs with the team understands the various details important to an ideal outcome and ideal postoperative recovery.
In order to properly select patients for lengthy surgical procedure such as this many factors need to be taken into consideration. Some these include the patient's BMI, any history of pulmonary problems, a history of sleep apnea, and the presence of diabetes or heart problems. Every patient should undergo a risk assessment for the development of a DVT (blood clot) and/or pulmonary embolism. If a significant risk is identified appropriate steps must be taken to satisfactorily reduce the risk.
When preparing a patient for a combination procedure it is very important to properly educate them on what to expect during the recovery and the homecare they will need.
Many patients comment that the results of these combinations are truly life-changing. Fortunately today, these life-changing combination procedures can be safely performed as long as it is done by highly trained and efficient surgical teams on properly selected patient's with safety as the primary consideration.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

VIDEO (click here for link) Multiple Cosmetic Procedures Safety and the Recovery Time?

I am not so sure that you would be able to return to work in 1 week without knowing more about the extenti of the procedures.

Multiple procedures

Yes, you may be able to get these procedures done at the same time, but without an evaluation it is difficult to say.  It also depends upon the extent of work, the time in the OR, and your overall  medical condition.

Multiple Procedures

It sounds as if you had done a great job of losing weight. Multiple procedures can be performed at the same time however the choice of those procedures is an individual one. You'll want to speak to you your plastic surgeon about his or her comfort level performing the operations that you are asking about simultaneously.

When multiple operations are done at the same time, the length of the procedure increases and your exposure to anesthesia also increases. There are some operations that are higher risk to combine with others. In particular, abdominoplasty is a concerning operation to combine with other large operations. As this does not sound like one of the procedures you are looking for at this time I think it is likely that you could have all of your surgery at once.

Again, I think it is very important to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate your particular case and make well-educated decisions.