Multiple Cosmetic Procedures Safety and the Recovery Time?

I'm a healthy 25-year-old woman, and I've lost 80 pounds, now at my ideal weight. The procedures I'd like done are: Breast Augmentation, Inner Thigh Lift (loose skin isn't severe), and Liposuction to the 'bra fat' area and the 'muffin top' area (ie. lowerback and flanks). I don't have much fat, just small uneven pockets here and there. Can these 3 procedures be safely combined? I can't take more than 7-9 days off work (5-6 hours desk job on week days). Will I be recovered enough to go to work in a week? Thank you.

Congrats on your achievment!

+2

What a great story -- losing all of that weight! Kudos to you and your achievment.

A far as the multiple procedures go, the ones you describe can all be done safely in one operation. The inner thigh lift may however set you back a bit more than a week. Depending upon what exactly your surgeon needs to do, that operation can take longer than a week to recover.

Be sure that your operation is being performed in a certified office surgical suite, surgery center, or hospital, and that your surgeon is Board certified.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

VIDEO (click here for link) Multiple Cosmetic Procedures Safety and the Recovery Time?

+1

I am not so sure that you would be able to return to work in 1 week without knowing more about the extenti of the procedures.

Multiple procedures

+1

Yes, you may be able to get these procedures done at the same time, but without an evaluation it is difficult to say.  It also depends upon the extent of work, the time in the OR, and your overall  medical condition.

Multiple Procedures

+1

It sounds as if you had done a great job of losing weight. Multiple procedures can be performed at the same time however the choice of those procedures is an individual one. You'll want to speak to you your plastic surgeon about his or her comfort level performing the operations that you are asking about simultaneously.

When multiple operations are done at the same time, the length of the procedure increases and your exposure to anesthesia also increases. There are some operations that are higher risk to combine with others. In particular, abdominoplasty is a concerning operation to combine with other large operations. As this does not sound like one of the procedures you are looking for at this time I think it is likely that you could have all of your surgery at once.

Again, I think it is very important to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate your particular case and make well-educated decisions.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon