Mole Removal Procedure That Leaves Unnoticeable or No Scar?

I am considering to remove a raised mole on my upper breast area. I am very concerned with the scarring. Is there a procedure that will remove this which will leave little or no scar? Or are there good scar creams that work wonders on scars?

Shave excision

+2

The technique I like is to shave this type of mole flat to the skin and if it has the proper configuration. place superfcial 5-0 Prolene sutures to bring the area together. We then apply Duoderm dressing. Of course, the specimen is sent to pathology. This is the way I perform this procedure, others may do differently depending on their proclivity.

We do recommend a scar cream, that being ScarGuard MD.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Mole removal scarring

+1
Whenever the skin is cut full thickness, there will be a scar. A plastic surgical excision and closure seeks to create the best possible scar. If the lesion is of concern, then this should be your paramount consideration rather than the resultant scar.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Scars following mole removal

+1

Unfortunately, there are no procedures that can produce an invisible scar. However, the scar may be minimized through meticulous technique. Even with the best care, scars can still develop and you must be prepared for this possiblity.