Mini or Full Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy?

Hi I am 5'2" and 110 lbs. I have loose skin and my abs are separated from 2 pregnancies. I was wondering if I would need a full or a mini tummy tuck?

+1
The best procedure is based on your physical exam.  It depends on the amount of loose skin above the navel and below.  
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

It depends on the degree of correction needed.

+1
It is difficult to say without an exam whether a full or mini tummy tuck would be better for you. Judging just from your picture, it does seem that your upper abdomen looks more taut and firm than the lower. That by itself is a good sign that you may be happy with the mini tummy tuck, which only addresses the area below the navel. I recommend scheduling consultations with a few different board certified plastic surgeons (ideally, tummy tuck specialists) to compare opinions after they examine you in person.
Denver Plastic Surgeon

+1
A miniabdominoplasty will generally work to tighten the laxity of the lower (below the belly button) abdomen.  Although the 1 side picture suggests it might be an option for you, a final decision can only be made after a formal consultation and I recommend that you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Depends on the patient.

+1

Weather or not you're a candidate for full or mini tummy tuck depends only on the individual patient and would be a good idea to meet with you or have some photos to be able to determine if you qualify for either one, or none of them, For a prosedure like tummy tuck it is dificult to say without reviewing your case further, drop me a note and we'll see what we can do.

Web reference: http://vanitymiami.com/tummy-tuck-miami/

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy- A Complex Question

+1

A true answer, if a patient is a candidate for a mini or a full tummy tuck, can only be given after a comprehensive in person consultation. Only after determining the extent of skin and muscle laxity can a good surgical plan be formulated. I strongly suggest visiting a board certified, experienced plastic surgeon to seek that answer!

Web reference: http://www.lorenc.com/abdominoplasty-tummy-tuck/

Mini versus Full Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your question.   It is difficult to assess from a side profile whether you would be a better candidate for a full or mini tummy tuck.   Traditionally, a mini tummy tuck will only address loose skin, fatty tissue of the lower abdomen.    A full tummy tuck will address loose skin, fatty tissue, and loose muscle of the upper, central, and lower abdomen.   I would recommend consulting with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to help determine which procedure will provide the best result. 

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Full TT after pregnancy

+1

In order for you to get rid of the stretch marks above your belly button and tighten your core you will require a full tummy tuck. You also have some abdominal laxity which will require sutures to be placed to tighten your core.  You certainly appear to be in good shape, but my recommendation is to go with a full tummy tuck.  I would speak with a plastic surgeon and relay your concern about limiting the length of the incision.  The only way to know if this is possible, is to meet with a plastic surgeon and have a full physical exam performed.  Good luck!

Mini tummy tuck after children. Options?

+1

Thank you for the photo. I would have to examine you first to give an appropriate recommendation.  You also say that your muscles have splayed apart.  This would push me toward recommending a full tummy tuck with plication of the muscle for you. The mini tummy tuck is good for extra skin under the belly button. For skin above the belly button, belly button issues, separated muscles, excess skin above the belly button, a full tummy tuck is usually better.  Please seek out a board certified plastic surgeon. Together, you will come up with a plan to achieve your goals.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/tummy-tuck-abdominoplasty

Mini VS Full Abdominoplasty After Pregnancy

+1

Pregnancy can result in dramatic changes in a woman’s body. These changes are especially noticeable in the abdomen, where redundant saggy skin, weakened muscles, and stretch marks may occur. Your pictures suggest that you might benefit from a full abdominoplasty, but without a physical examination by an experienced plastic surgeon, there is no way to know for sure.
If your excess skin is located below the level of the umbilicus and your muscle weakness is also at this level, you might be a candidate for a mini abdominoplasty. Unfortunately, the separation of your muscles and your abdominal bulge that lies above the belly button suggest that you may need a full tummy tuck.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy

+1

After pregnancy many patients are understandably concerned with redundancy of skin and stretching of muscles.  The first step in considering abdominal procedure is to see a board certified Plastic Surgeon to determine exactly what type of procedure is indicated.  Sometimes a full abdominoplasty is needed whereas a mini-tummy tuck might suffice.  After the abdomen has settled down from pregnancy liposuction may be all that is needed. The best approach is to begin exercise and eating healthy then get a cosmetic evaluation.

Web reference: http://www.drvitenas.com/abdominoplasty.html