Is It Safe to Use Metrogel and Retin-A at the Same Time?

I use Metrogel for my Rosacea in the morning, and before I go to bed, I use Retin-A Micro for my acne. Is it OK to be using these two treatments at the same time?

Fine to use Metrogel and Retin-A together

+1

It does seem counter intuitive that Retin A is useful in the treatment of Rosacea. After all we tell our patients to avoid irritating products and things which dry to quickly such as alcohol. However, studies have show that Retin A, after some initial irritation, is quite beneficial in the treatment of Rosacea.

I would recommend the cream form of Retin A, however since it is less drying.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Yes!

+1

The use of retinoids like Retin A at night and topical anti-inflammatory gels in the morning is a common practice. Dermatologists also often combine gels or creams at night to make retinoids better tolerated as well.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist