Is It Recommended to Get Mesotherapy?

I'm thinking about getting Mesotherapy, and the medical spa that I went to told me that it isn't FDA approved. Would you suggest that I get it?

I do not recommend mesotherapy

+1

This a not a FDA approved treatment and the reason is mesotherapy does not work. This treatment offered by non-plastic doctors with no studies to back it up. There been report of sever infections post mesotherapy . If this was a good treatment , all the board certified plastic surgeons would offer it.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Mesotherapy

+1

ASAPS or ASPS do not endorse or recommend any mesotherapy regimens at this point in time. Many different options or combinations or medications are currently being investigated but the indications, techniques and safety are not completely established. Therefore most board certified plastic surgeons are reluctant to institute this practice. Clearly, we all understand the appeal but it has yet to become an established intervention in our community.

Mesotherapy! Stay away!

+1

Mesotherapy has not been studied enough to be able to say that the procedure is safe in both the short and the long term, and to say that it is especially effective, or even to establish a protocol of the various chemicals used. I personally have seen too many patients treated with mesotherapy who come in with all sorts of divots, depressions, irregularities in the skin, and little change in the original problem of fatty bulging in a particular area. Count me out on Mesotherapy (whatever it is).

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.