Suggestion for Treatment of Melasma from Pregnancy?

I have tried lightening creams, chemical peels, and microdermabrasion for melasma (brown spots from pregnancy) and nothing is working. Any suggestions?

Melarase AM and PM for the topical treatment of melasma

+1
I would begin with a topical treatment for at least 3 months using the Melarase AM Melarase PM, and Melapads.  Avoid sun exposure and minimize hormonal influences. 

The nightmare of melasma

+1

First, and get over it, is you live in a sunny place. No treatment will work unless you apply a full sunblock every morning, regardless of the weather, in the range of an SPF 60-70. I find the most effective ingredient is Mexoral, but regardless, 5 minutes of unprotected sun will ruin thousands of dollars of treatment. Triluma (prescription) is my favorit combination bleach/retinoid product that does a great job applied to the entire face once a day. If Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is added, the results are very good. If you don"t use the block daily, it will all fail.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist