Using Medical Marijuana During Rhinoplasty Recovery?

Hello, I have a prescription for medical marijuana. Is it safe for me to use it after my rhinoplasty surgery?

If not, for how long should I stay sober? Will it slow down the healing process for any reason? Help is much appreciated!

Rhinoplasty and Medical Marijuana During Recovery

+6

Hi Cheech,

Medical marijuana is legal in California, we usually tell our patients to wait at least two weeks before "lighting up".  You should discuss this with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  In the meantime, hide the Oreos.

Good luck and be well.

Chong 

Medical marijuana use can resume 1 week after rhinoplasty

+3

It is acceptable to use medical marijuana one week after the rhinoplasty surgery. The smoke from the marijuana cigarette will be quite irritating to the nasal passageways, but after a week will not cause any harm.

Marijuana after rhinoplasty

+1

As a physician I can't recommend using mj at all as it is still illegal in most states. I will tell you that all types of smoking can lead to healing problems and advise my patients to refrain from smoking as long as possible. If you go 4 weeks why not quit all together at that point, you passed the hardest part.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon