Marilyn Monroe Mole Removal?

I have a large raised mole above my lip, and I wanted to know the best, and cheapest ways of going about getting it removed. I know a scar is almost inevitable, but since it is in the middle of my face, I was wondering what my best options are, and I'm a poor college kid! =) THANK YOU

Removing a brown mole on the face and around the mouth

+1

Mole removal on the smile lines can be relatively painless and may be less noticeable with mole removal surgery because of the location within a crease. 

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/70/mole-removal.aspx

Mole removal

+1

With any procedure, whether it be complete surgical excision or shave excision, there will be a scar.  The good thing is that the lesion lays within the nasolabial fold and should not be too noticeable.  

Mole removal on the face

+1

If you are worried that the spot is turning into a cancerous lesion, have it removed. If you are not worred, don't. The scar can be hidden in the skin fold but you will still have a scar.

Helpful Location

+1

Your mole is located in the naso-labial fold and thus the scar can be "buried" in that region. would anticipate an excellent cosemetic result. My recommendation would be a simple excision with a layered closure.

The cost would be roughly $125 for the procedure and $25 for pathology.

If this cost is overbearing for you, there are free clinics in which case there would be no cost at all.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Removal of mole

+1

Fortunately, your mole is in a place that can be removed and the scar will be in the lip lines or the naso-labial line.

Moles should be removed completely and submitted to pathological examination as awhole.

It will leave a scar. Consult your BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON.