Marilyn Monroe Mole Removal?

I have a large raised mole above my lip, and I wanted to know the best, and cheapest ways of going about getting it removed. I know a scar is almost inevitable, but since it is in the middle of my face, I was wondering what my best options are, and I'm a poor college kid! =) THANK YOU

Removing a brown mole on the face and around the mouth

+1

Mole removal on the smile lines can be relatively painless and may be less noticeable with mole removal surgery because of the location within a crease. 

Mole removal

+1

With any procedure, whether it be complete surgical excision or shave excision, there will be a scar.  The good thing is that the lesion lays within the nasolabial fold and should not be too noticeable.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Mole removal on the face

+1

If you are worried that the spot is turning into a cancerous lesion, have it removed. If you are not worred, don't. The scar can be hidden in the skin fold but you will still have a scar.

Gary Goldenberg, MD

Helpful Location

+1

Your mole is located in the naso-labial fold and thus the scar can be "buried" in that region. would anticipate an excellent cosemetic result. My recommendation would be a simple excision with a layered closure.

The cost would be roughly $125 for the procedure and $25 for pathology.

If this cost is overbearing for you, there are free clinics in which case there would be no cost at all.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Removal of mole

+1

Fortunately, your mole is in a place that can be removed and the scar will be in the lip lines or the naso-labial line.

Moles should be removed completely and submitted to pathological examination as awhole.

It will leave a scar. Consult your BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON.