How Many Times Do I Need Botox for my Face?

Which part of my face needs Botox in your opinion?

I don't see any areas Botox would work for you

+3

You don't have any wrinkles which Botox would help from looking at your photo but you can benefit from a filler under your eyes if you wanted to do something.  Restylane or Juvederm  may help in this area. 

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for crow's feet

+2
It is difficult to tell from the photo and, as many others have noted, your bangs are covering the brow and forehead areas which so many patients treat with Botox. You may benefit from Botox injections in the crow's feet and it is possible that you could have Restylane in the lower lid region to compensate for the early aging.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

BOTOX works well to treat frown lines, forehead wrinkles and crow's feet.

+2

Your forehead is covered with your hair, so It's hard to tell if you would benefit from a treatment in those areas. You don't seem to have visible crow's feet with smiling.

The choice is between you and youe physician.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox works best in the upper face

+2

Certainly, in looking at the photos you have provided it would seem that Botox would do you the most good in the upper face specifically the forehead and crow's feet or smile lines around the eyes. Botox can also be used judiciously for lipstick lines typically in older individuals if necessary. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox works best in the forehead and crow's feet

+2

Shasha

The  bangs obscure the majority of your forehead. Botox works best in the area between the eyebrows as well as the forehead itself. You appear young and in no need for Botox in the crow's feet.  In my opinion you do not need Botox now.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Which part of face NEEDS Botox

+2

Sasha,

We all NEED oxygen, food and water, shelter and affection. As far as I am concerned, while Botox is great - it does not really qualify as a human "need".

Although Botox has a lot more potential cosmetic complications, I do not see that you would benefit from any of them.

You have good skin tone with no wrinkles and the only area you may benefit from Botox is along the ides of your eyes in the Crow's Feet area. Botox applied there would smooth these lines away, giving you a much more attractive and youthful appearance.

"Poor Man's" Botox

+2

Hi Shasha,

I do not see many lines or wrinkles on your face. Botox is used to treat wrinkles as well as lift eyebrows, corners of the mouth, and improve the angle of the jaw.

With your bangs covering your forehead which is the most common area of botox usage, save your money and keep smiling.

By the way, hair "bangs" are also known as "poor man's Botox".

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

How many times is Botox needed for face injections

+2

Hi Shasha,

Botox typically lasts 4-5 months so you would most likely need injections about 3 times per year for the glabella (area between your eyebrows), crows feet around your eyes and the forehead. Botox is also used in the lower face a lot especially around the mouth and in muscles near the jaw to help turn up the corners of the mouth. It tends to last for a shorter period of time in the lower face and around the mouth most likely due to constant movement in those areas.

The good thing is the more often you get Botox, the less you tend to need because you are inhibiting the formation of deeper lines and wrinkles to some extent in those areas. It is very difficult to determine what parts of your face would benefit from botox, if any, from this photo. I suggest you visit a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience injecting Botox to help you decide if and where it would be beneficial to you.

Hope this helps!

Ritu Saini, MD

Botox will help with the crow's feet around the eyes

+1

Botox will help around the eyes and a filler like Restylane will also help with filling in the skin under the eyes.  A combination would give the best results.  The rest of your skin looks great and I don't see any other areas from the photo for injections.

Michele S. Green, MD

Botox

+1

Botox is best for the upper third of the face. This works best for frown lines of the upper brow area, and the middle furrow region between the eyebrows. This also works nicely on the crow's feet.  It is hard to tell from your photo because you hair covers most of it.