Makeover Recommendations for the Face?

If I was your patient, what would you do to improve my looks? Carte Blanche.

If you can, please give me two options (with average cost of the procedures): a low-budget and a high-budget route. Thanks!

P.S. The only things I had ever done (almost a year ago) were Botox and Restylane in the frown lines, Juvederm in nasolabial folds, marionette lines and a little in the lips. I took more views but seems I can only post one.

Makeover recommendations for the face?

+4

Dear Curious,

You certainly are one brave woman!

Recognizing that we are all different and are bothered by different things, I will take this on as an academic exercise. I'll take a chance and try and answer your question. (Although if you are Unhappy with my answer, please imagine that my name has just officially changed to either Dr. Yuan or Dr. Moelleken who are much closer to you...)

1. Your eyebrows are asymmetrical and overly depressed centrally (Right worse than Left - can this be due to Botox? If it is, you need to have it done by a doctor not an "injector" - Read more on my website at - http://www.cosmeticsurgeryspecialists.org/botox.html)

2. There is an asymmetry between your eyes (palpebral fissures) with the left eye being narrower, but both eyes show or hint at some aging by more "white (scleral) show" along the lateral lower eyelid rim. Any procedure on the lower lid will need to be supplemented by a lateral Canthopexy, a lifting and shoring up of the corner of the eye.

3. Both upper lids demonstrate excess skin. If this is due to a Botox mediated brow droop, I would wait until the Botox has worn off to re-asses. I suspect you would benefit from opening of the eyes with an Upper Blepharoplasty

4. The moles on the Right cheek and chin are distracting and would need to go.

5. the aging look of the lower lids, deepening of the nose to mouth (nasolabial) folds can all be addressed with a MidFace Lift (which would need to be done with a lower lid skin only Blepharoplasty and a lateral Canthopexy).

I hope that helped.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Facial Evaluation

+2

Now you realize that this boarders on the "how old do you think I am?" kind of question. But since you're asking here it is. When I look you I'm drawn to your lower lids. With only an anterior picture I'll give it a shot. I think you need a midface lift and lower lid blepharoplasties with fat redraping. As a distant second an upper lid blepharoplasty with removal of skin would help.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Unfair and irrelevant question

+2

I do not mean any disrespect, but the question or situation you pose is so common and illustrative of the problems in cosmetic surgery. While seemingly important and specific, the question is actually not the question patients should be asking. What cosmetic surgery should be doing is giving patients the look that they want. This is dependent on what the anatomy is to begin with (since everyone is built differently and looks different) and especially on what a patient wants to look like (what they want to get rid off, diminish, augment, change, or keep). Cosmetic surgery can do an infinite amount of things in a variety of ways. As I tell my patients, I can turn you into the opposite sex if you wanted. The question is what do you, the patient, want to look like? This takes a lot of analysis, insight, and thinking. Most patients know what they don't want but can't say what they do want.

There is no easy, snap answer.Sit down with yourself and try to determine what will make you happy. Then, go over your thoughts with a sensitive and experienced surgeon. Otherwise, you can look like a thousand of different people depending on the surgeon's personal bias.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

What facial procedures are best?

+1

It is a loaded question that you ask. I always ask patients what bothers them.  Certainly multiple facial rejuvenation procedures can be performed especially around your lower eyes and your face.  It is usually not one or the other in terms of fillers or surgery. It is often both.

Considering multiple procedures

+1

Your best bet is to schedule several consultations with fine surgeons and see what they have to offer.

You are lucky to be on RealSelf, where there are many fine surgeons to pick from.

Your case will be very complex and detailed. The choices you will make will be dependent on your medical history, your specific goals and the extent of procedures you are willing to undergo.

Brent Moelleken, MD