Are Lumineers Covered by Most Insurance?

Will my dental insurance cover my Lumineers if I am recovering from bulimia? This is the only question I have. Please I need an answer.

I would not count on insurance for Lumineers

+1

Lumineers would not be indicated with your case, as the back of the teeth are eroded away. To replace lost tooth structure and strengthen the teeth, full coverage restorations would be needed.

It is possible dental insurance would help, but even if they did, they would only cover a small fraction of the cost. Most insurances have an annual maximum of $1000. Most Lumineers cases would run in the $10,000 to $15,000 range. 90% would still be out of pocket costs.

I HAVE heard (but rarely!) that medical insurance may help. I would suggest you contact your medical insurance and ask (perhaps even call your dental insurance to see what their limitations are).

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Re: Bulimia and Dental Insurance coverage for Lumineers

+1

I have had two friends who suffered from this condition and had to have implants done to replace their teeth becuase of this disease and neither could get insurance to cover for this medical condition.  Lumineers would not be the proper replacement or coverage in your case because of tooth erosion.  You need to discuss procedures with a skilled periodontist and cosmetic dentist to find the best type of restorative treatment for you. You might try to pursue your medical insurance coverage as well as dental. You might have better luck with medical because of bulimia. insurance often covers Botox for theraputic uses for TMJ issues.  Have your dentist run your insurance both dental and discuss with your MD possible medical coverage for this procedure.

Robert Fields, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist