How Long Does It Take to Widen Arch with Invisalign?

I am getting my arch widened to straighten teeth instead of IPR (Interproximal Reduction). Does it take a long time to widen the arch with Invisalign?

Widening the arches with Invisalign

+1

Most of the answers I see for this question make it sound like widening arches is an easy thing with little limitation and no downside!  Yes you can widen the arches with Invisalign...certainly not as quickly as regular braces; and nobody mentions the fact that widening arches in older patients is very unstable and prone to relapse...The secret on all orthodontic treatment is not how fast you can do something but how functional and STABLE the final result is!

Saint Louis Orthodontist

Invisalign great for arch widening and smile broadening

+1

Invisalign is great for arch expansion which can help give a wider "Hollywood" smile as well as make space to alleviate the crowding.  It is hard to put an exact time on it but usually takes between 6 and 10 months.

Gabriela Hricko, DDS
New York Orthodontist

Widen your arches and broaden your smile with Invisalign

+1

Invisalign is an excellent treatment for widening your arches and thereby broadening your smile, and it works quickly. In fact, one of the first things I notice in my patients as they begin treatment is their smile becomes bigger and wider due to the expansion of the arches.

Susan Goode Estep, DMD
Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist