Long-lasting Injectable Filler for Laugh Lines?

Which filler/injectible should I use for laugh lines to get the longest lasting results? And how much should I expect to pay? I'm not sure what to do to get a fresher, younger look. I'm 38.

Artefill is the longest lasting filler for nasolabial laugh lines at $1200 per syringe

+3

Artefill is good for the nasolabial grooves and is done usually in 2 sessions at 3 months apart. You first need to have a skin test to see if you are allergic to the collagen base that the plexiglass-like beads of Artefill are suspended in. Usually you get 1 syringe initially then another one 2-3 months later and this can last for 4-5 yrs so in the long run it is more economical since each syringe costs roughly $1000-1200. Radiesse is also great for the nasolabial folds @ $600-800 per syringe, lasting 9-12 months and most patients need 2 syringes of any filler for this area. Men often need 3 syringes.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

My Preference is Radiesse

+2

I am assuming that your question relates to the nasolabial folds, which rest between the cheek and upper lip area. Radiesse (calcium hydroxylapatite) provides aesthetic benefit in this area for between 9-18 months. Restylane and Juvederm can also be used, but will provide benefit for 4-6 months in most cases.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for laugh lines

+2

The best fillers for laugh lines are Juvederm and Restylane and these can be expected to last for 6 to 8 months under most circumstances. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Fillers for the lasugh lines

+2

Currently the longest lasting filler available is the reincarnation of artefil/artecoll. I say that because that the previous owner Artes medical apparently filed for bankruptcy and it is under new ownership.

However, I am not a fan of this filler and I don't use it.

Other than that, the other popular fillers all have comparable longevity in the range of one year and I tend to use either restylane or radiesse at the current time. These roughly range from 450-700 for treatment of the laugh lines if one dose is required.

Silikon-1000 can be safely used, by experienced physicians, for permanent reduction of laugh lines.

+1

Silikon-1000 is a permanent filler, so your results, good or bad, are permanent. You must find a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced with the micro-droplet technique. You should also have a discussion with your doctor about the FDA's position with respect to using Silikon-1000 in an off-label fashion to permanently reduce the appearance of your laugh lines. Lastly, you should see many before and after photos demonstrating beautiful, natural results before you pick your doctor and proceed.

Problems with Silikon-1000 injections are infrequent, and include visible bumps or nodules at the sites of injection. Bumps with Silikon-1000 occur in around 3% of patients I inject. This is typically from overcorrection, or injecting too superficially. Most silicone bumps are easily treated with dilute triamcinolone injections, or sometimes light electrosurgery. Also, since overcorrection must be avoided, several treatments are usually necessary.

I've attached a link to my Silikon-1000 photos for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Long-lasting injectable fillers

+1

To answer your question of "longest lasting" fillers:

FDA approved ones are Radisse or Perlane. Cost respectively are from $800 to $1200 for 1.3 cc's of Radisse, vs $600 to $1000 per cc of Perlane. Both last about 8 to 12 months.

Semi Off label filler like ArteFill is now available. But you need a test dose to see if allergic to the bovine carrier protein in the mixture. Fee around $600 to $1000 per cc. Also silicone droplets can be used but it takes many many visits to get the desired result.

Off Label products are the PMMA's very long lasting, but very expensive. 1 cc cost $1000. Most need 2 to 4 cc's for desired effect. Also you MUST sign a waiver acknowledging the use of an OFF Labeled product.

Hope this helps.

Radiesse

+1

The longest-acting filler for laugh lines, in common use, is Radiesse. However, this is a little more problematic than the hyaluronic acid filler Juvederm or the collagen filler Evolence. They all can give you excellent results.

As far as cost, this would depend on the depth of your laugh lines. I would expect to pay anywhere between $300-750 depending on how much product was needed.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist