Which Between Liposuction or Smart Lipo is Better for Young Patients?

Slim Lipo versus Traditional Suction assisted liposuction

+2

By virtue of the fact that you are young, you stand to have an excellent result from liposuction or laser lipolysis as long as you adhere to a good diet, exercise, and have realistic surgical expectations. I have been very impressed with the laser lipolysis techniques and currently use the Slim Lipo machine. The bruising and downtime are significantly reduced when compared to traditional liposuction and I feel that results have not been compromised. The addition of the second wavelength for skin tightening has a theoretical advantage over traditional liposuction and in my practice there are definitely differences in the amount of skin tightening seen after fat removal. Damage to collagen will certainly lead to scarring and skin tightening which is seen in traditional liposuction.

As a surgeon, I am not the first to incorporate non-surgical or less invasive techniques into my practice, but, in the case of laser lipolysis, this may be the technique that finally delivers as promised.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser assisted lipolysis.

+1

I have not been compelled by the results of smart lipo and do not generally advise its use despite its marketing popularity.

Clearly there is a demand for this procedure and it has generated much interest. However, in my opinion, the results do not justify the hype or the cost.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/liposuction.html

Liposuction

+1

Liposuction is liposuction. I am not impressed with any of the slim or smartlipo experts espousing that this technology is better than more traditional methods.

Neither one is better than the other.

+1

Liposuction is the removal of fat from where there is too much. How you do it and with what instrument is of little difference. Who does it and how much experience they have is what you should be looking for.

Tumescent liposuction is best in our opinion.

+1

Hi!

There are no convincing scientific studies about the supposed advantages of Smart Lipo.   So we don't use it.

Also, in general, I think it is wise to avoid operations that have trade marks or catchy names.   Too much salesmanship and not enough science.

Smart, smarter, smartest: lipo for younger patients

+1

The primary benefit of laser-assisted lipo, of which Smart Lipo is one brand, seems to be enhanced skin shrinkage. It is touted as a better "alternative" to lipo, but since using the laser adds risk and expense it may not make sense in every case. Skin shrinks all by itself, especially in younger patients.

Best techniqoe of liposuctioning

+1

Each type of liposuctioning has its own benefits and drawbacks. Probably the most important thing is who is doing the procedure, the second is who is it being done on and third, what type of liposuctioning is being used.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or Smart Lipo on Younger patients

+1

Liposuction is best used, whichever technology is available and promoted by the Practice, in patients of generally good health, with a keene eye on diet and nutrition, who have diet-and exercise-resistant fat and genetic predispositions. The use of ultrasound-assist, power-assist, syringe-assist, internal laser-assist, and even a new external laser-assist are all to be matched against the gold standard which is suction-assist. We use terms like liposuction, liposculpture, microliposculpture, etching, SLIM LIPO, SMARTLIPO, FINAL INCHES, body sculpting, for body fat contouring. While those using the laser find it helpful for selected limited areas of liposuction in one setting, and since the device is in the sub- $200000 range to purchase, it may therefore be promoted more freely in a particular practice.

Tightening can be best acheived in younger patients as a rule with all forms of liposuction since the elastic tissues are more likely to adjust to the fat removal. The use of superficial and deep layer suction promotes the desired contraction in candidates representing all age groups. Laser disruption can induce contraction, but also does mechanical disruption cause contraction beneath the skin by other forms of liposuction. Microscarring appears to be the cause of contraction. Each Practice will have different ideas on this issue.

Have a look at the doctor's BEFORE AND AFTERs with attention to sliming and apparent toning that may be evident. Remeber, liposuction is not a perfected science, and small flaws in contouring may be evident regardless how experienced the surgeon, or how advanced the tools may be. We are searching for the most forgiving device to both the patient and the surgeon, with the fastest, safest, and most successful outcome.

Good results is what is best for a young patient

+1

To get the best results, see a plastic surgeon that is experienced with liposuction and this is the best way to get what is best. The equipment is not nearly as important as the person using the equipment. You will probably pay more for Smart Lipo and not get any more out of it than with conventional liposuction. Discuss it with your board certified plastic surgeon and this will get you the best possible results.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.