Liposuction Safe for Thighs with Spider Veins?

I am considering a liposuction on my inner/outer thighs but I have spider veins. Is it dangerous?

Liposuction of the thighs is totally safe even if you have spider veins

+1

Spider veins are so common that almost everyone who gets liposuction of the thighs have them. They may worsen some after the liposuction but sclerotherapy gets rid of them and they don't present any safety issue for getting lipo done. Thigh liposuction costs about $4000-4500. 

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

You should not have any problem with this surgery.

+1

In more than 30 years of doing liposuction I have never had an increase of spider veins or had a patient complain that this happened. You should do well.

Spider veins and liposuction

+1

Dear Spring

Liposuction is a very safe procedure and can be performed safely in the presence of spider veins. If you have true varicose veins then you should be evaluated by a vascular surgeon as well. After liposuction you may notice a slight increase in the number of spiders but these can be easily treated with sclerotherapy injection or laser.
Good luck on your surgery.
Steven Schuster MD FACS

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon