Liposuction for More Symmetrical Legs and Banana Roll?

I had liposuction done approximately 11 years ago on my saddle bags, inner thighs and buttocks. My right leg is now 1 inch larger than the left. I also have banana roll under my left buttocks and my right butt cheek crease, which is approx. 1 inch lower now than the left!

Can this be fixed again with liposuction? I am very un-happy with how I look and would never even consider going back to the surgeon who performed this procudure on me. Thanks and hope to have an answer.

Liposuction and fat injections to improve symmetry.

+2

Hi!

This is one of those questions that is really hard to answer without examining you, but my guess is that a combination of good liposuction and fat injections can improve your symmetry and contour.

Liposuction asymmetries common when done under general anesthesia

+2

Liposuction should help your situation a lot but you can't get it done under general anesthesia if you want to fix those problems. Also, you need to have the doctor use the micro canulas so you get the smoothest results possible. Expect to pay about $5000-5500 to smooth out the areas.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction revision

+2

Everyone has asymmetry. The likelihood that one buttock crease was lower or higher than the other is very possible. In addition, one leg is always larger than the other.

Liposuction results after 11 years

+2

Our bodies are inherently asymmetrical. One inch of difference between the thighs might just be at least parly this natural asymmetry and so might the banana roll you describe. Also, 11 years includes alot of aging and lost elasticity and your name "chocoholic" suggests that you might be a big fan of chocolate.

All I am saying is that liposuction in general is the least satisfying cosmetic procedure to perform because about 90% of patients wanting it have very imperfect bodies and carry expectations that might never be met by the surgery. This might have been you. On the other hand, do go to another surgeon for an evaluation but don't expect perfection from your starting point.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

LIposuction of the posterior thigh

+1

Liposuction on the posterior thighs and banana roll area is an excellent body shaping tool that I use frequently in my office.  Conservative liposuction along the upper posterior thigh can minimize sagging skin and fat. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Liposuction for body contouring

+1

Yes, repeat liposuction is probably what you need. I would need to see some photos to determine if you also need some skin excision as well. After liposuction, fat can be distributed to the areas that were liposuctioned, so recurrence can occur. Either way, consult with several plastic surgeons to see who you feel most comfortable with before pursuing more plastic surgery. Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

I think you are being unrealistic with Liposuction

+1

For fear of being insensitive to your feelings, 1 inch is not very much. Granted, I have no pictures of you but I would guess many people who have not undergone liposuction would have differences of that much between legs. Also, the skin tone is not going to be identical between each buttock. I think you are noticing a difference which is minor but has assumed huge proportions in your own mind. I doubt anyone can make you totally exact.

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for banana roll and leg asymmetry

+1

As you probably know, liposuction is not a cure for obesity or aging with gravitational descent. Like most procedures in Plastic surgery it attempts but rarely succeeds in achieving any meaningful symmetry - because there is NO symmetry in nature. We are all asymmetric in so many ways.

IF you were perfect 11 years ago, you would not have had the procedure. If you were symmetrical 11 years ago - a distinct rarity is is truly hard to attribute which percent of your current result is due to aging, which is due to different gravitational descent vs. use and which was caused by potential poor surgical technique, if any.

Liposuction of the banana rolls is tricky. Only a little can be taken off very superficially - "emptying the attic". An attempt to go deeper and "clean the house" results in a indentation leading to downward collapse of the buttock above it resulting in a deep infragluteal groove which is VERY challenging to fix (?? result on your right).

Liposuction MAY help on the FRONT of the right where you say "My right leg is now 1 inch larger than the left". But this is TOTALLY dependent on how localized the fat is and if the swelling is due to fat and not another process.

Good Luck.

Possibly

+1

If the defect is due to asymmetry of fat deposits, then yes, it can be fixed. If there is something other than fat causing the problem, then, no. An examination will quickly determin the cause and if you go to a skilled plasatic surgeon, you should be able to get an improvement, though don't expect perfection.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Long term post liposuction problems

+1

11 years is a long time and many of the changes that you are seeing are influenced by the aging process. You should also know that asymmerty is very normal and may be due to underlying muscle and bone differences.

It sound like you would need selective liposuctioning combines with fat grafting or a lift procedure. It is most likely that a lift procedure would give you a significant improvement that no amount of liposuctioning would give you.

When you see a plastic surgeon make sure you understand why he recommends what he does and what the expectations are. You are seeking a certain result, not just a procedure.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon