Will Three Months Be Enough Recovery Time for Liposculpture?

Is there time for liposculpture? It is now November and I am getting married in March 2010. I am considering getting liposculpture on my abdomen (lower) and 'love handles'. Will 3 or so months be sufficent recovery time to look good (and not swollen) on the big day?

3 month recovery time after Lipo should be fine for your wedding

+2

The best results after liposuction is usually seen 4-5 months after lipo but if you have 3 months you will still look great since 1 month is all alot of patients have and they still look great for their weddings. 

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposculpture Recovery

+1

Congradulations on your upcoming wedding. Three months post op should be enough time for recovery. You will notice most of your swelling will be gone as will any bruising or discomfort. Recovery varies from patient to patient, but for the most part 3 months is a long enough time to look great on your wedding day.

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com

Getting Married!

+1

Thank you for your question.  Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!  I normally tell patients to allow for 3-6 months to see the "final" result with liposuction surgery but at the 3 month mark, I think you should see a nice improvement and be ready for the big day.  Best Wishes!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_liposuction.htm

3 months enough Recovery Time for Liposculpture?

+1

Usually swelling is gone in 2-3 weeks but sometimes can remain a little longer. Normally we tell our patients to wait 4-6 months to see 80% of their results. However by month three, especially if you have been working out and eating well you should see great results!

Web reference: http://www.expertliposuction.com/faq/#6

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposculpture and liposuction post op recovery

+1

To ensure quickest liposculpture or liposuction post op recovery, it would be advisable to avoid general anesthesia and not have the cannula entry holes sewned by your liposuction surgeon. With tumescent liposuction with or without Vaser or Smartlipo, where the entry port holes are not sewned but allowed to drain, one should be able to go back to work in a week. While final tissue remodeling may not be complete in 6 months, 3 months should be plenty for post op recovery unless there is unforseen complication of infection, seroma formation, etc.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Tumescent_Liposuction.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Can I recover in 3 months from liposculpture

+1

Almost all patients at MetropolitanMD who have smartlipo liposculpture are healed within 3 months. Many have major improvements completed within 2 weeks although they may not be ready for a bikini that soon.

Chicago Dermatologist

Will 3 months be enough for recovery after LipoSculpture / Liposuction?

+1

Yes, 3 months should be easily enough time. Although final results can take up to six months, most of the swelling is down by three months. You should fit into your wedding dress just fine and look gorgeous on your big day.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Recovery process after liposculpture

+1

Patients who will receive liposculpture should expect to have a significant recovery process. Immediately after the surgery they will have swelling, bruising, and minimal drainage. This will last for a few days. After this early stage, they should expect to see persistent swelling that will slowly get better over the next 4 to 6 months. If you have three months to recover, you will see a significant change after liposuction but you will not have reached your ultimate results.

Liposculpture prior to wedding day

+1

I think this is permits a reasonable time for recovery. However, it is my impression that your wedding dress should be fitted long before the wedding day and I am not so sure that this would permit enough time for resolution of swelling AND custom tailoring of your gown.

Three months may not be enough to recover from Liposculpture

+1

Much of the swelling from Liposculpture (VASER liposuction) would be gone by 4-6 weeks after surgery. But tissue remodeling and softening will continue for 6-8 months.

If your goal is to LOOK good in 3 months (assuming no complications occur), this time will be a sufficiently long window.

But if your goal is for your figure to also feel soft and normal, then you may need more than 3 months for a full recovery.