Safe to Get Lipodissolve While Pregnant?

I'm in my first trimester and I wanted to get Lipodissolve to slim down my thighs. Is this OK to do? Is it safe to have Lipodissolve if you're pregnant?

Absolutely NOT!

+3

Lipodissolve is not FDA approved. Nobody knows if it is safe for anybody yet - let alone a pregnant woman in her first trimester. Realize that the first trimester is a critical time in the development of your child and you should do everything possible to protect and nurture that development. This includes avoiding all medications that are not essential to your health. Certainly this includes not exposing you and your child to something not yet even proven to be safe and effective.

Do not get Lipodissolve during pregnancy!

+2

I would strongly suggest avoiding any surgical and non-surgical procedures while pregnant. At any stage of the pregnancy, you want to make sure there is no harm done to your developing baby.

Lipodissolve involves a series of medicated injections that melt away small pockets of unwanted fat. Many of the ingredients of that chemical cocktail have not been FDA-approved. Therefore, we have no studies demonstrating how the injection affects our organs. So far, the Lipodissolve is still experimental and has not been FDA approved. It should not be used in pregnant women or nursing mothers.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

Lipodissolve not safe especially during pregnancy

+1

There are very few procedures that are OK during pregnancy, and Lipososolve is not one of them. Any kind of liposuction is not ok during pregnancy since your body is going through a lot of changes. Lipodisolve is not accepted as a safe procedure at this time by board certified plastic surgeons.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

No

+1

There is not enough science behind lipodissolve to recommend it to even the non-pregnant patient. We do not know what happens to the chemicals that are injected or the byproducts of the fat that is broken down. The first trimester is a critical time in fetal development and is the most critical time to avoid teratogens (substances that cause birth defects). Don't do it at any time during your pregnancy!!! Lipodissolve is not FDA approved and I can assure you that it will never by approved in pregnancy.

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Please do not get Lipodissolve when pregnant

+1

This is not a procedure you should even think about if you are pregnant. There is controversy about it. It is banned in some countries, and some malpractice insurers won't insure the doc that is doing it. Please do not do this if you are pregnant. The drugs used have not been tested in pregnant women.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Avoid non FDA approved medications

+1

You should avoid non FDA approved medications such as Lipodissolve. This is not a well-studied product. There are currently some research projects being performed by The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery to further evaluate medications used for Mesotherapy. For now, you should avoid it.

Sanjay Grover, MD

Do not get Lipodissolve while pregnant!

+1

Lipodissolve or any other Mesotherapy is not FDA approved. These treatments use a mixture of drugs as an injection to try and dissolve fat. The mixture can vary and is not regulated by FDA.

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your OB will say no Lipodissolve during pregnancy

+1

My sincere opinion would be that your Ob would tell you absolutely not!!

The exact composition of the fluid injected isn't usually disclosed even to the doctor using it, so I can't imagine your Ob approving it.

Besides, I'd have to question the wisdom of having a procedure or injection performed while you are undergoing body changes with pregnancy, that will hopefully improve after delivery anyway.

Take your time and focus on a safe and successful pregnancy. Then you can look up a plastic surgeon and deal with whatever is left over.

Brian K. Brzowski, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Wait until after pregnancy for any procedure

+1

First, I would not use any substance that might cause any harm during pregnancy. The other important factor is, why would you try to have any procedure during pregancy? As you well know, you will gain some weight during this time. I would wait after delivery and losing all the weight for any future procedures.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Absolutely no Lipodissolve while pregnant

+1

Lipodissolve is done with chemicals and drugs that are not fully tested or proven. There are no standard recipe or formulation to the drugs that are used. Even in the non-pregnant person, the procedure is experimental.

I would not want to recommend a procedure that was untested to a pregnant woman. There is no reason to risk the health of your baby to this procedure.

Any medical person that would offer this procedure to you, knowing you are pregnant, should be reported to the state medical board.

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon