Is Lifestyle Lift Worth It?

I have read many nightmare stories about Lifestyle Lift. I heard on KOB morning news Nov. 2 that they are deceptive in the healing time, swelling and bruising. Is it really worth it?

Will the real Mini-Facelift please stand up

+4

Unfortunately, the "Lifestyle Lift" is likely nothing more than a mini-facelift. The mini-facelift is an excellent procedure in the right patient. Early signs of aging face specifically around the jowls. Expectations should be set and outcomes should be well defined in a reputable surgeon's office prior to undergoing any surgical procedure. The "Lifestyle Lift" is a heavily marketed mini-facelift procedure with a very catchy name and large advertising budget.

I do know of some good surgeons who work for the Lifestyle Lift company, but, you really do not know who you are going to wind up with and may never meet your surgeon until the day of surgery. This approach alone should make you run from your consultation and seek out the advise of a reputable surgeon.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

You get what you pay for

+4

The lifestyle lift is nothing magical. It is really just a standard mini-lift. The only difference is that it is heavily promoted and marketed.

For some patients a mini-lift is great. This group includes:

1) patients with early signs of aging

2) Older patients with more significant aging that are willing to trade a less impressive result for a shorter downtime.

My issue with the lifestyle lift is that they only do one operation for everyone. A true plastic surgeon adapts the operation to each patient addressing their specific concerns and needs.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifestyle lift

+3

A lifestyle lift is a modified limited scar facelift often done by doctors that are not plastic surgeons. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon first.

Facelift franchise

+3

It sounds as if you are answering your own question.

You may want to read this blog:

http://current.com/items/90427324_new-york-company-fined-300-000-for-astroturfing.htm

This is an ill defined procedure with no available description of the details of the procedure so it is nearly impossible to know what the procedure entails.

Lifestyle Lifts - What's in a Name?

+1

"Lifestyle Lift" is simply a patented and highly-marketed name for a type of "mini" facelift.  It does not guarantee any type of result. The result from one surgeon may be good, from another, bad.  In other words, a facelift is only as good (and long-lasting) as the surgeon who does it.  So make sure your surgeon has LOTS of consistently excellent "before and after" photos that are his own patients.  Believe it or not, many surgeons will show photos of "befores and afters" that are provided by the company who markets their "named" lift.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.