Is Lifestyle Lift Worth It?

I have read many nightmare stories about Lifestyle Lift. I heard on KOB morning news Nov. 2 that they are deceptive in the healing time, swelling and bruising. Is it really worth it?

Will the real Mini-Facelift please stand up

Unfortunately, the "Lifestyle Lift" is likely nothing more than a mini-facelift. The mini-facelift is an excellent procedure in the right patient. Early signs of aging face specifically around the jowls. Expectations should be set and outcomes should be well defined in a reputable surgeon's office prior to undergoing any surgical procedure. The "Lifestyle Lift" is a heavily marketed mini-facelift procedure with a very catchy name and large advertising budget.

I do know of some good surgeons who work for the Lifestyle Lift company, but, you really do not know who you are going to wind up with and may never meet your surgeon until the day of surgery. This approach alone should make you run from your consultation and seek out the advise of a reputable surgeon.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

You get what you pay for

The lifestyle lift is nothing magical. It is really just a standard mini-lift. The only difference is that it is heavily promoted and marketed.

For some patients a mini-lift is great. This group includes:

1) patients with early signs of aging

2) Older patients with more significant aging that are willing to trade a less impressive result for a shorter downtime.

My issue with the lifestyle lift is that they only do one operation for everyone. A true plastic surgeon adapts the operation to each patient addressing their specific concerns and needs.

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifestyle lift

A lifestyle lift is a modified limited scar facelift often done by doctors that are not plastic surgeons. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon first.

Facelift franchise

It sounds as if you are answering your own question.

You may want to read this blog:

http://current.com/items/90427324_new-york-company-fined-300-000-for-astroturfing.htm

This is an ill defined procedure with no available description of the details of the procedure so it is nearly impossible to know what the procedure entails.

Lifestyle Lift is no more

The Quick answer is that the Lifestyle Lift company has declared bankruptcy and out of business - i.e. It is not available anymore:

Lifestyle Lift a trademarked brand name and also is a chain of facial cosmetic clinics with headquarters in Troy, Michigan.
As advertised, the LIFESTYLE LIFT is a minimally invasive, short scar lower face lift performed under local anesthesia and yes it involves cutting and sutures. The reason no one will tell you is probably because as far as I can tell there is no one specific technique, or even a published description of why this differs from other short scar techniques. It is performed by Facial Plastic Surgeons, Head and Neck Surgeons, and Plastic Surgeons.

The LiteLift® or other short scar modified facelifts performed by a board certified plastic surgeon however is a great alternative and has been around for a similar time period, and only performed by board certified plastic surgeons. It is a short scar modified facelift offering in office local anesthesia and oral sedation as well as other methods of anesthesia.See the below link for more information

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Lifestyle Lifts - What's in a Name?

"Lifestyle Lift" is simply a patented and highly-marketed name for a type of "mini" facelift.  It does not guarantee any type of result. The result from one surgeon may be good, from another, bad.  In other words, a facelift is only as good (and long-lasting) as the surgeon who does it.  So make sure your surgeon has LOTS of consistently excellent "before and after" photos that are his own patients.  Believe it or not, many surgeons will show photos of "befores and afters" that are provided by the company who markets their "named" lift.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon