Lifestyle Lift Risks for Patients with History of Heart Attack?

What are the physical risks of Lifestyle Lift if you have had a previous heart attack and have 2 stents?

Any surgery even minor can pose risks if you have ongoing heart disease

+3

Any surgery even minor can pose risks if you have ongoing heart disease. The type of lift is also less important as the type of anesthesia you have. Certain anesthetics pose more risks to heart patients than local anesthesia or mild sedation. IN either case, you should consult with your cardiologist first to make sure you can undergo a minor surgical procedure and whether or not you are safe to have an anesthetic. In addition, if you are on blood thinners, then you will need to be off of them for a period of time both before and after the surgical procedure and you should check to see if that is feasible or not depending upon what your cardiologist says.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Risks of Lifestyle Lift

+3

The kind of facelift you have isn't the issue here, although most real plastic surgeons would agree that the Lifestyle lift is a very marginal procedure. The real issue is your heart health and only your cardiologist can help you with this. One thing to know is that the local anesthesia instilled will contain epinephrine, a powerful blood vessel constrictor. This may be an issue with respect to your heart if enough local anesthesia is used. Be very careful here.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Lifestyle lift and heart issues

+2

If you have stents you should have a full medical clearance before considering undergoing surgery.  Surgery is surgery whether under local or not.

Cardiac risks and facial surgery

+1

that is a question that is best left to your cardiologist, especially if you are on blood thinners that would need to be stopped before any surgery.  The lifestyle lift is done under local anesthesia and not with an anesthesiologist present.  That 's okay for an otherwise healthy individual.  But I were in your situation, I would like to have an anesthesiologist present if only to monitor me and give me a little sedation if needed.  But definitely clear this with your cardiologist!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD