Latisse for Patients Under 18?

I am 17 years old and I have very short, thin eyelashes. Sometimes I end up without my eyelashes, because the area where the eyelashes grow, itches a lot and I have no choice but to rip off my own eyelashes. All I want is to have long and thick eyelashes. Do I have to wait until I'm 18 years old to use Latisse?

This is a practice of medicine question to ask your doctor about Latisse at 17 yrs

+1

You are younger than the labeling for Latisse is approved and therefore it cannot be recommended for you officially, although doctors can prescribe medications "off label" when they believe it is in the best interest of their patients. Therefore you should discuss this with your doctor, and if there are no other reasons not to use Latisse, she/he might prescribe it for you.

Denver Ophthalmologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.