Why Are Laser Treatments Very Expensive?

I want to have laser treatments for my acne scars but laser is very expensive, especially CO2 laser treatments.Why are laser treatments too expensive?

High cost of laser treatments

+2

First of all, you need to know that no laser treatment or anything else for that matter will "get rid" of your acne scars.

As to the cost of the treatments, you need to realize that the laser probably cost $150,000, there are costs the laser maintenance, upgrades and upkeep, for the facility, the technicians, the insurance, the aftercare etc. Hope that helps you understand that the cost you see is mostly to cover these expenses and not to pay the doctor as you probably had assumed.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.