Will Laser Treatments Be of Any Help with Indented Scars?

I have a few indented acne scars on my cheeks. I have gotten 5 sessions of Laser Genesis and it has not done anything for me. I am scared to waste more money on different lasers and end up not seeing a change. I went to another clinic and was told that for $4,000 for each session I can get this laser treatment. I feel like that is absurd and I feel hopeless. What should I do? Thank you!

Indented scars

+1

I agree with you, Queens, NY. For a few scars, let the dermatologist use subcision to remove/ improve  them. Sometimes I use lasers but usually not. Also, you do want to have your acne under control!

Hope this helps!

Silver Spring Dermatologist

Laser treatments for indented scars

+1

Laser resurfacing may not be the best option to address depressed scarring. I would consult with a facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist who is familiar with saline subcision, the TCA Cross method and punch excision (I would consider punch excision as a last resort).

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist