Best Laser Treatment for Acne Scarring on Asian Skin?

First of all I'm Asian, and for the last few years, my skin has gone through minor to severe scarring from acne. I have boxcar scars on my forehead, and pitted and rolling scars on my cheeks. I want to get surgery to remove the scars and smooth out areas, where the skin looks uneven. I heard CO2 is more ablative and risky and most people would choose fractionated laser as an option. The question is which laser is best for Asian skin? I heard active/Deep FX lasers are in right now?

Fill Rather than Ablate Acne Scars: Changing the Paradigm

+1

First of all, if you have these deeper types of scars, I do not believe in trying to level down the skin with an aggressive laser. i believe that holes need filling. in short, don't take normal skin down to abnormal skin but raise abnormal holes closer to normal skin.

i use permanent fillers like silicone to get very good results on deeper scars. i use CROSS TCA 100% acid to scar the holes up if they are tiny. i do a lot on asian and hispanic skin with safety. however, with CROSS in asians it can take a while for pigmentation to be normal. i have found dermabrasion and other techniques to sand down the normal skin to be less than ideal.

of course, any treatment for acne scarring is less than ideal but filling holes rather than sanding down normal skin has worked the best for me. in short, silicone or a temporary filler for big holes (rolling scars) then down the road consider TCA CROSS as needed for remaining tiny pits.

i typically need 2 to 4 rounds of silicone done in the office separated by a month at a minimum, and 2 to 3 rounds in general for CROSS. very few people do what i do so i have many people fly in for me to do it for them.

hope all that makes sense. here is a video summary of my thoughts.

best,

sml

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon