Laser Surgery Cost for Stretch Marks?

I have stretch marks on the side of my tummy and on my inner thigh. I was thinking of getting laser surgery to get these removed? Is it effective? Painful? How much does it cost? Do you need to do it over and over and keep paying the fees each time? Can any of the cost be reclaimed through tax?

Stretch mark laser in Los Angeles

+1

I use the Fractional CO2 laser with tremendous success on stretch marks and striae.  The cost will vary depending on the area of treatment. 

Artisan 1540™: Fractional non-ablative laser for Treatment of Stretch Marks

+1

In my pratice we utilize the Artisan 1540™: Fractional non-ablative laser to treat stretch marks that are fully developed and are white or light in color.

Fractional resurfacing is a selective treatment, that leaves the surface of the skin unharmed. Instead, the laser damages tiny columns of skin, creating hundreds of microscopic wounds that boost collagen production and help the body heal stretch marks.

Fractional non-ablative lasers boast a short recovery time – the skin will just be pink in the treated region for about a week.

Treatment of the lower abdomen takes about an hour and half, but it takes five to six treatments to see results. Sessions should be spaced three to four weeks apart.

Fractional lasers cannot remove stretch marks completely. After six treatments, the stretch marks should fade by about 50%.

Because this treatment is cosmetic in nature, most patients find that it is not covered by their insurance and that it is not considered an accepted tax write off.

I hope this information helps.  Best of Luck,

Dr. Clevens

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser Surgery

+1

The benefit will be minimal at best.  Wait until we get better technology before fully investing into a treatment. Thank you for your question and good luck.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Fractional lasers can improve stretch marks

+1

Although there is no way of removing stretch marks completely, our patients have experienced an improvement of stretch marks after repeated fractional CO2 laser treatments. This treatment is tolerated well, but not painless. The fees depend on the size of the treated area.

Robert Kasten, MD
Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser surgery does not remove stretch marks.

+1

I know of no therapy that will remove stretch marks save amputating the skin which houses them.  Lasers, creams, and other treatments are ineffectual.  There may be some ways to make the stretch marks look less prominent, but there is nothing to cure them.

Specific laser treatments can improve, not remove stretch marks

+1

There is a specific laser treatment that has been shown to improve stretch marks (see reference below). I know of only this one technique that actually produces rsults that you can see.

It is non surgical, treatments are tolerable but 4-5 treatments 6 weeks apart are required.

Costs depend on the size of the area to be treated and the time it takes but can cost 500-1000 per session times 4-5 sessions.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS