When Can Intercourse Be Done After Labiaplasty?

I have an appointment for labiaplasty next week. The doctor suggests waiting 2 weeks until having intercourse but all the websites say 6-8 weeks. Does anyone know the answer?

Intercourse After Labiaplasty

+1
I usually advise patients that they shouldn't have sexual intercourse for the first six to eight weeks after surgery. However, you should ask your surgeon why 2 weeks is suitable for you. Perhaps they have a good reason.

Sex / intercourse after labiaplasty

+1

I recommend waiting at least 4-6 weeks prior to having sexual intercourse following a labiaplasty. Two weeks is definitely too early.

Joseph Michaels, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Intercourse after Labiaplasty?

+1

Sexual  intercourse should be refrained from for at least six weeks after the surgery to allow proper healing of the wounds to occur. The strength of the scar requires six weeks to achieve approximately 85 to 90% of its original strength. After this period of time the comfort of the patient should decide when sexual activity should resume. Some patients take a bit longer for the tenderness to dissipate than others and this often plays the most important role in making this determination.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Wait at least six weeks after labiaplasty before sexual intercourse

+1

Labiaplasty is a surgical technique to reduce the amount of skin and mucosal tissue in the labia of a female patient. Patients receiving this surgery should wait at least six weeks to allow this tissue to heal appropriately and safely before engaging in sexual intercourse.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Sex after labiaplasty

+1

This depends upon technique. I ask my patients to wait until I have cleared them based upon how the area appears to be healing or wait 4-6 weeks if they are from out of town.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Sex after labiaplasty

+1

In my view and from my patient's feedback, intercourse at two weeks is way too early.  On average, most patients say around 2 to 3 months.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Sex restrictions following labiaplasty

+1

We recently completed a study of 50 women who underwent the procedure. Although we have typicallly told patients that they could resume sexual activity by six weeks, most of our patients told us that they did not feel comfortable having sex until 12 weeks.