L-Glutathione Effectivity with Vitamin C?

How effective are L-Glutathione pills when supplemented with Vitamin C for greater absorption rates? Thanks!

Glutathione Stabilized by Vitamin C

+1

Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant that inhibits the formation of free radicals. Being so, it is a strong reducing agent and works both outside cells and inside cells. Unlike a number of antioxidants it can wend its way into mitochondria and protect it. It repairs damage caused by stress, pollution, the sun, radiation, cigarette smoke, etc.

Glutathione, which is a tripeptide is present in numerous foods. In fact, you probably do not really need glutathione supplements if you have a good diet. In pill form it is not as easily absorbed as it is when consumed with foods. Those with debilitating illnesses and poor diets might use it as a supplement.

As far as Vitamin C is concerned, I am not sure whether Vitamin C helps to increase the absorbtion of Glutatathione. I could not find anything in the literature regarding this connection. Vitamin C does seem to act as a protectant of Glutathione in the blood and liver. Glutathione seems to return the favor and Vitamin C is protected by glutathione.

Glutathione has recently become the rage in the Philippines as a skin-lightener. It seems to block production of L-DOPA an early step in the pigmentation pathway. There is a famous Filipino movie star ( Sylvia has left for the day so I can't ask her) who has been promoting the product quite vociferously.

We discussed Glutathione and other antioxidants with Rose Cole, the prominent nutritionist in our last radio show ( July 16th) and among ourselves July 10th on www.blogtalkradio.com

Virginia Beach Dermatologist