Looking for Doctor with Expertise in Smart Lipo with Traditional Lipo?

From what I've read, it seems that best results are achieved with a combo of laser lipo and traditional Liposuction. I want this done on my enormous calfs and all over my thighs.

Does any body have experience with doing the entire legs? Calfs and all? If so can you recomend a doctor in the midwest? I live in Kansas and I'm looking for an experienced doctor nearby.

There are now dozens of different devices for performing liposuction

+1

There are now dozens of different devices for performing liposuction. No study to date has shown that any one liposuction tool is better than another. The key is to find the most experienced surgeon.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Smart Lipo vs. Traditional Lipo

+1

The best results are achieved in the hands of well trained surgeons and in appropriate candidates for liposuction surgery. The type of liposuction is not very important in my opinion. I have used all the popular forms and still believe that the surgeon determines the outcome more than the technology used. That being said, the calves are not the best area for liposuction and you should be examined first to make sure you are a good candidate for surgery. Good luck.

Dean Fardo, MD

Liposuction

+1

Best results of liposuction are not necessarily through combining different forms of liposuction at all. Great results can be achieved by performing it well no matter what technique is used. I always say it is not the wand but the magician holding it that creates the magic.

Liposuction is for localized areas of fat

+1

I agree with what Dr. Rand said. Spend your money on a diet program and gym membership and you are more likely to be satisfied with the results.

Expectation mismatches in liposuction

+1

From what I am hearing from you, I will venture to say that you will never be happy with the result from ANY variety of liposuction, laser or traditional. In patients who do not have spot areas that they can point to with one finger, but rather hate entire areas like your "enormous calves" and "all over your thighs", liposuction will never be able to scuplt out of you a result you like. Just the harsh reality over years of seeing real patients.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS